Thread: Ankle Holster

Default Ankle Holster

Anyone have any experience with a S&W J Frame in an ankle holster. Have an IWB and a Pocket Holster. Thought i'd give one of these a try. Any suggestions?
    Thanks
    I prefer peace. But if trouble must come, let it come in my time, so that my children can live in peace.
    Thomas Payne

I asked around about a year ago for my KT PF-9 and everyone recommended not doing it, even the shops I looked at. They all said it's really uncomfortable. I was thinking for when I ride.
    Money won is twice as sweet as money earned.

Carried a model 36 that way for years...as usual keep the gun clean and dry for long life. Riding in the rain can be a problem with any weapon carried low.

That's one of the 2 holsters I haven't tried yet. Always wondered about them and the small of the back holsters.

Carried M85 ultralight for at least the last 6 years, Damn near everyday that way (so long that it actually has FABRIC marks permanently embedded in the revolver), first took time getting used to, but once I did, I feel naked with out it now... Sometimes it does still get irritating in a "it's in the damn way again" way, but that may account for 2% of the time seriously! I've carried in the shop ever since and NO one can tell. Wearing carpenter jeans....

Al, My dad carried his full size Kimber 1911 in the middle of his back for years. He's a professional pilot and NEVER had an issue. The button up shirts he wore, actually hid it well, you couldn't see it, less you were looking for it. He now carries a S&W 342 PD in his pocket.
    Last edited by Chain; 05-13-2011 at 10:45 AM.

Do you wear boots when you ride? How does the ankle holster get along with them? Seems like it'd be more of a calf holster.

Alcohol, Tobbaco and Firearms should be a convenience store, not a government agency.

Yes. You can notice it, cause it sometimes hits the primary. But nothing that makes you uncomfortable (infact, I feel abnormal if I DONT feel it there). I wear Bates boots. There upper half around the ankle is real thin. Makes it hug the ankle... If you have KANKLEs it may NOT work.

I think I'll spring for one. I'm looking at Uncle Mikes or Galco.
    If I don't try I'll never know.
    I prefer peace. But if trouble must come, let it come in my time, so that my children can live in peace.
    Thomas Payne