View Poll Results: Will you still wear your helmet if the law is repealed?

Voters
28. You may not vote on this poll
  • Always

15 53.57%
  • Never

2 7.14%
  • Might or might not, depending on the situation

11 39.29%
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: To wear or not to wear?

a year or two ago I had a bug hit my face shield head on . I have no idea what type of bug it was but I am sure it was a direct descendant of a teradactyl it smeared half way around my helmet . even eliminating the safety aspect of it , that is reason enough lol to wear

When I lived in Florida I got a couple Palmetto bugs to the face. Gigantic, hard-shelled flying insects. The ichor from one could easily blind you.
    You might be like, I'm confused, what's the attraction?
    But some dudes just love to lose traction.

Like any club that has grown too large, [motorcycling] has become mired in vacuous debates and split into a thousand splinter factions. Older riders hate squids; cruisers hate sport riders; Harley riders hate everyone, including themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Dog View Post
    I wear a helmet in my car all the time!
    Can ya blame me?
    Yugo w/ a lift... makes me idea of tossing the 4wd from a tracker under a festiva I used to own not so crazy sounding... .... I miss my festivas, they were all great cars..

The only car I've had in the category of "Ancient Econohatch" was a Plymouth Horizon set-up for rally. Not quite a rock-crawler Yugo, but pretty awful nonetheless
    You might be like, I'm confused, what's the attraction?
    But some dudes just love to lose traction.

Like any club that has grown too large, [motorcycling] has become mired in vacuous debates and split into a thousand splinter factions. Older riders hate squids; cruisers hate sport riders; Harley riders hate everyone, including themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by dogbreath View Post
    One of my cousins is a nurse at a convalescent home. Almost all of her patients are motorcyclists who suffered a brain-damaging closed-head injury while wearing a helmet during a crash.

I know I'll never convince the Internet but I don't think helmets are as great as people think they are. I wear them to prevent road rash on my head and I never consider a motorcycle ride 'safe.'
    I can agree with BOLD very much so.

I will ask the parents here. Do you make your kid wear a helmet on a bicycle? What about a small dirt bike, ATV, or go-cart?

Quote Originally Posted by dogbreath View Post
    When I lived in Florida I got a couple Palmetto bugs to the face. Gigantic, hard-shelled flying insects. The ichor from one could easily blind you.
    And that is a working advertisement to buy your safety glasses from Mad Dog at Value Tech.
    ^^My $0.02 not yours^^
    -Chris
    aka Gas Man

"Why pay somebody else to fuck up your bike?"
    "Custom don't bolt on!"

OH and you don't want to continue downt he path of trouble... this is why...

LOLOLOL
    ^^My $0.02 not yours^^
    -Chris
    aka Gas Man

"Why pay somebody else to fuck up your bike?"
    "Custom don't bolt on!"