Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Welcome to the 2011 Riding Season

Default Welcome to the 2011 Riding Season

As it's already been stated and you would have been living in a basement to not know in Michigan, the riding season has returned.

In preperation Wed when I got home from work, I burned in the nightster pipes (from this winter's projects), and summerized the garage. This was an evacuation of the wife's car, moving a the lift, prepping the snow blower for summer storage, putting away half the snow shovels (I'm not ready to curse myself by putting them all away yet), setting up the outside hoses (water supply still turned off inside but they are ready)... but in general get ready.

It's so nice to see the garage all open like this... I hate it's winter cramped version.

Then I rode to work... it was so nice out. Got home early enough to work on a few other house projects I have been putting off till warmer weather. Then clean wipe down both bikes, they were pretty dirty from sitting uncovered for 2 months while I worked on them.

Did you get out?

What about today? I rode again, that's two days in a row and a great way to start the season in mid march.
    ^^My $0.02 not yours^^
    -Chris
    aka Gas Man

"Why pay somebody else to fuck up your bike?"
    "Custom don't bolt on!"

Battery isn't even in the bike yet. I was going to do it this weekend, but now I have to work part of the day Saturday, change the oil in my truck, and might have to go in for a bit on Sunday. I inherited a mess of a job down your way in Wyandotte that needs a lot of attention. Right now all I can do is play it by ear.

I did see a lot of bikes out yesterday, it pissed me off being stuck in the truck. Saw a couple this a.m. too.

Alcohol, Tobbaco and Firearms should be a convenience store, not a government agency.

Not yet but I'm working on it. Broke my heart to see everyone out yesterday.

DSCN3105.jpg

Chris

I logged my obligitory 50 miles yesterday. Mmmmm......

You didnt ride yesterday Chris? I logged about 60 miles before I was starving for some food...
    ~Rich
    ~'08 B-King

yep got out yesterday with my buddy on his new sportster. The weather IMO was perfect to start the year. It did get a little colder down by the water but it was ok. Im going to ride to work today then I have the whole weekend off to work on the bike and ride. Im going to finish the steel fender I've been working on try and get ahold of seatmaker and send out my seat. oil change on the bike as well as a good wash and wax then Ill be ready to go for the season.
    Formerly known as Rugby66x

I've only missed one day in the last week. Yesterday was just the nicest!

3 days in a row for me, I'm diggin it. we're not done with the shit weather quite yet..........damnit.

I got out. Already have over 200 miles on the bike this season.

Unfortunately snow will be back next week. Possibly a storm like the Feb 1 and 2 storm...

Been riding regular, was a rough winter and only lucky to get out maybe once a week. Going to the bike show at Gibralter tommorrow, my buddie Dennis has his homemade Ironhead sidecar rig in it. Russ,(Snowman), will be up from Saline but not with his Bobber.
    Old age and treachery ALWAYS overcome youth and skill! Growing old is mandatory- growing up is OPTIONAL! I.B.A. #26543.