Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cruiser love?

Default Cruiser love?

Has anyone else tried being friendly to the cruiser crowd and received no love? I usually give the "biker wave" to any motorcyclist I see on the road. But, I rarely get a wave in return with the cruiser crowd...

I don't wave to people I don't know on either my cruiser or my sportbike.
    You might be like, I'm confused, what's the attraction?
    But some dudes just love to lose traction.

Like any club that has grown too large, [motorcycling] has become mired in vacuous debates and split into a thousand splinter factions. Older riders hate squids; cruisers hate sport riders; Harley riders hate everyone, including themselves.

Abolish the wave......lol

After thirty some years of riding and with the amount of bikes on the road these days the wave gets old quick. My bike comes out of the living room in March and the wave is getting old by the end of April. Then the warm weather crowd comes out. and everbody wants to wave.

Maybe this would help....

WavingHands.JPG

Quote Originally Posted by Hawgrider View Post
    Abolish the wave......lol

After thirty some years of riding and with the amount of bikes on the road these days the wave gets old quick. My bike comes out of the living room in March and the wave is getting old by the end of April. Then the warm weather crowd comes out. and everbody wants to wave.

+1. Except for the living room part.

Oh, and March. Maybe the end of March, I just wait for something above 45 degrees.

But I'm usually all waved out by the end of my first ride. We NEVER waved to anyone when I was a kid. The most you'd get is a 'power to the people' fist, and that was only if you were riding the same kind of bike. I have no idea when the wave came to be. I will return a wave if offered but rarely initiate.

Alcohol, Tobbaco and Firearms should be a convenience store, not a government agency.

I just wave to all... never bothered me.
    ~Rich
    ~'08 B-King

I wave back, because I'm a nice guy. But I never initiate it, it's annoying. I pay attention to the road, the way the motor sounds, the chicks sunbathing on Whitmore Lake....
    I want to say a lot more, but won't. Because I'm a nice guy.

Chris

If they wave to me, I will wave back to them. Once and a while I will initiate the wave if I see one of my neighbors out on their bike or if it is someone that I have ridden with before

Yeah, me too. Once I saw Gasman out for a ride with Rugby, so I waved....

Alcohol, Tobbaco and Firearms should be a convenience store, not a government agency.

With this fast advancing age shit, I find I have to concentrate more and more on the road and the idiot cagers around me. If I'm running back roads I tend to wave more, and of course you gotta wave at Sportbikes cause they get their feelings hurt if you don't. (Ha, ha, ha.)
    Old age and treachery ALWAYS overcome youth and skill! Growing old is mandatory- growing up is OPTIONAL! I.B.A. #26543.

I wave at everybody...
    ^^My $0.02 not yours^^
    -Chris
    aka Gas Man

"Why pay somebody else to fuck up your bike?"
    "Custom don't bolt on!"