Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: You guys who ride and carry

Default You guys who ride and carry

Where do you carry? I was thinking about one of the pocket holsters for my LCP, but I'd be afraid of it falling out. Ankle? Shoulder? Do any of you carry on the bike while you're riding and move it to your person when you get off the bike?

I don't wear a vest and really don't want to start, so no chance there.

Alcohol, Tobbaco and Firearms should be a convenience store, not a government agency.

LCP in back pocket in a recluse pocket holster

Or if I'm carrying the Glock, a fobus holster on my side. It clicks in rear good so no real worry about it falling out.
    ^^My $0.02 not yours^^
    -Chris
    aka Gas Man

"Why pay somebody else to fuck up your bike?"
    "Custom don't bolt on!"

I wear my regular IWB holster or put my pocket holster in my coat pocket.

IWB holster for as well

IWB holster. I was going to get an ankle holster last year but the guys at Magnum talked me out of it. I'd like to get a shoulder rig for my CZ though, for riding and driving in the car in the winter because my coat along with the seat belt get in the way.
    Money won is twice as sweet as money earned.

i have 2 30mm submachine guns mounted right on the r6. the horn button is the trigger and the turn signal (when clicked twice to the right) reloads.
    Redline Superbike
    http://www.redlinesuperbike.com/

Learn about photography: ATP Members

Quote Originally Posted by telecast View Post
    Where do you carry? I was thinking about one of the pocket holsters for my LCP, but I'd be afraid of it falling out. Ankle? Shoulder? Do any of you carry on the bike while you're riding and move it to your person when you get off the bike?

I don't wear a vest and really don't want to start, so no chance there.
    Pocket holster not good while on the bike. To hard to get too while seated on the machine.

Ankle holster ...... no good same reason

Suggestion...... I stash mine inside my leather Jacket inside pocket. In a cross draw setup

Or if its hot and im not wearing a jacket its holstered on the belt IWB or OWB

Just a honest question ....... No one here really thinks that the only self defense situation will take place after the Motorcycle is stopped or parked do you?
    Last edited by Hawgrider; 03-03-2011 at 10:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mudpuppy View Post
    i have 2 30mm submachine guns mounted right on the r6. the horn button is the trigger and the turn signal (when clicked twice to the right) reloads.
    Sorry, that's impossible. 30mm is 1.18 caliber. There are no handguns I know that use 1.18 caliber rounds. Since a submachine gun uses handgun rounds, there's no way. It'd have to be a machine gun.

Now, if you said you had 2 30mm machine guns, ok, I'd buy that.

Er....not really....

Quote Originally Posted by Hawgrider View Post
    Pocket holster not good while on the bike. To hard to get too while seated on the machine.

Ankle holster ...... no good Same reason
    I was thinking a back pocket, like a wallet holster. I found a trucker's wallet with a chain that will hold the pistol, money, credit cards, license, etc. As much as I dislike those wallets for my own use, it sounds pretty slick. I like the added security of the chain, and I guess if I gotta wear something I'd rather it was a chained wallet than a vest.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawgrider View Post
    Just a honest question ....... No one here really thinks that the only self defense situation will take place after the Motorcycle is stopped or parked do you?
    Absolutley! I plan my self defense situations!

"Look, not here ok? I'm riding. Let's go over to that parking lot where I can shoot you good and proper...."
    Last edited by telecast; 03-03-2011 at 10:37 AM.

Alcohol, Tobbaco and Firearms should be a convenience store, not a government agency.

I'm a revolver guy so it's a little dif. but I always go with the IWB. My .357 does real well and I can get to it with ease. As far as falling out I have never even found it coming loose. A good holster should retain the firearm it was designed for. Still waiting for my holster for the S&W 438 .38+p. Might carry that in my vest pocket on hot days. At 15 oz. it shouldn't be a problem.
    I prefer peace. But if trouble must come, let it come in my time, so that my children can live in peace.
    Thomas Payne

Quote Originally Posted by telecast View Post
    Sorry, that's impossible. 30mm is 1.18 caliber. There are no handguns I know that use 1.18 caliber rounds. Since a submachine gun uses handgun rounds, there's no way. It'd have to be a machine gun.

Now, if you said you had 2 30mm machine guns, ok, I'd buy that.

Er....not really....

I was thinking a back pocket, like a wallet holster. I found a trucker's wallet with a chain that will hold the pistol, money, credit cards, license, etc. As much as I dislike those wallets for my own use, it sounds pretty slick. I like the added security of the chain, and I guess if I gotta wear something I'd rather it was a chained wallet than a vest.

Absolutley! I plan my self defense situations!

"Look, not here ok? I'm riding. Let's go over to that parking lot where I can shoot you good and proper...."
    Oh I see.... Back pocket. Well easier to get to than the front pocket but still seems awkward and slow to me but to each his own.

This what prompted my honest question.

"Do any of you carry on the bike while you're riding and move it to your person when you get off the bike? "

No offense was meant but I read that as maybe there was no need to access a weapon while rolling down the road and it would only be needed after the wheels have stopped.