Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Anyone been to the Novi Gun Show?

Quote Originally Posted by Bob View Post
    It's like they go to Wal-Mart and Meijer and buy the ammo and then resale it for a lot more because everything was more than WM and Meijer.
    I think you're right. They see a deal and pick up a bunch then try to resell at a profit. Most people there were asking $18-20 and up for a box of .380, the same stuff you see at Cabela's and Wally World on sale for $15.

Alcohol, Tobbaco and Firearms should be a convenience store, not a government agency.

Quote Originally Posted by telecast View Post
    I think you're right. They see a deal and pick up a bunch then try to resell at a profit. Most people there were asking $18-20 and up for a box of .380, the same stuff you see at Cabela's and Wally World on sale for $15.
    Yeah, I got some 9mm for $9.99 at Meijer and there was not a deal like that anywhere in the show. Someone on MGO said you have to bargain with people and get their prices down. That's not me. I'd rather just go into Meijer, get my ammo and leave and not have to wheel and deal. Years ago these shows used to be a place to find deals. Now it's just something to do when you are bored.
    Money won is twice as sweet as money earned.

Ditto, waste of time

Quote Originally Posted by Bob View Post
    I'd rather just go into Meijer, get my ammo and leave and not have to wheel and deal.
    Yeah, and Meijer doesn't charge you to get in the door.

If you just want to go and look around or if you're looking for a specific gun that is difficult to find in a store, they can be ok. I like the antique gun shows, you get to see some cool stuff up close and personal and it's cheaper than a museum.

The internet has ruined buying used and getting deals just about everywhere. Gun shows, pawn shops, yard sales, even private sales. It's plenty easy to find out exactly what your item is worth, no guessing.

Alcohol, Tobbaco and Firearms should be a convenience store, not a government agency.

Quote Originally Posted by seatmaker View Post
    Ditto, waste of time
    And why I quit going to gun shows and mc swap meets.
    ^^My $0.02 not yours^^
    -Chris
    aka Gas Man

"Why pay somebody else to fuck up your bike?"
    "Custom don't bolt on!"