View Poll Results: What do you think of new paint idea?

Voters
5. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

2 40.00%
  • No

2 40.00%
  • Dif Idea

1 20.00%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: sending bike to get painted

Wink sending bike to get painted

so my current bike color is red and black but i need a change it so here is what I am changing too let me know your opinions

before

soon to be after

:drag: Lets Get Out and Ride

Pearl white? If so I dunno about the reddish wheels..

I think it might look good with the faring painted all the same color too...
    ~Rich
    ~'08 B-King

no its just a normal white not a pearl and the red is going between dark red like pic or a lil brighter red

If you have the painter but a little bit of red pearl in the paint to match the wheels that'd look sweet.
    Money won is twice as sweet as money earned.

what do you mean wouldnt that make it pinkish? and hey bob got my healdights working now just waiting for clutch lever to get here so i can pull it in and pray it starts

Quote Originally Posted by XS650 View Post
    what do you mean wouldnt that make it pinkish? and hey bob got my healdights working now just waiting for clutch lever to get here so i can pull it in and pray it starts
    No, it would not be pink. It's be white but when the sun hit it a certain way it's have a little red tint to it. I guess sort of like a metal flake but it's not metal flake. When I used to work for a custom boat trailer builder we'd mix pearls sometimes. The trailer would usually be the color of the boats accent color and the pearl would be another color on the boat.

Here is something I found real quick.
    http://www.paintwithpearl.com/

I have a feeling the clutch lever will do the trick.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob View Post
    No, it would not be pink. It's be white but when the sun hit it a certain way it's have a little red tint to it. I guess sort of like a metal flake but it's not metal flake. When I used to work for a custom boat trailer builder we'd mix pearls sometimes. The trailer would usually be the color of the boats accent color and the pearl would be another color on the boat.

Here is something I found real quick.
    http://www.paintwithpearl.com/

I have a feeling the clutch lever will do the trick.
    I've painted with pearls many times(and I get them from the site you posted). If you mix red pearl with the white it will make it pink. And if you mix red pearl with the clearcoat and spray it over the white base it will look pink when the sun hits it a certain way. Red metal flake will do the same to some affect, the amount of metal flake determines a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by ABI View Post
    I've painted with pearls many times(and I get them from the site you posted). If you mix red pearl with the white it will make it pink. And if you mix red pearl with the clearcoat and spray it over the white base it will look pink when the sun hits it a certain way. Red metal flake will do the same to some affect, the amount of metal flake determines a lot.
    That sucks. Yeah don't make it pink XS!

Quote Originally Posted by Bob View Post
    That sucks. Yeah don't make it pink XS!
    It sure does. I've had several unexpected results using pearls, latest was orange pearl over black = brown, not what I wanted. But that's how you learn I guess.

If you were sticking with the red and black theme then I'd say go for red rims. I've got stock red rims on my 650R which is fully black and I love the way it looks.

If you go with the black and white theme, keep the rims black but I would paint the upper half of your tail white to contine the upper white & bottom look. I think that would complete it.
    2008 Kawasaki Ninja 650R - Diablo Black