Thread: Lets talk holsters

Default Lets talk holsters

What are you guys using? I have a FIST and a CZ for my old CZ83. The FIST was really good quality and it was a clip on IWB leather holster. I'll probably go with FIST again, but a bet loop style for the heavier gun, but was curious what you guys used. I'm not sure I'll want to carry IWB with the CZ75 I got but I'm not sure an OWB would keep it high enough to conceal carry under a shirt or light jacket either. I know I want a custom made holster for the specific gun and not a generic and I know I want leather.

Curious to see what you guys are using.
    Money won is twice as sweet as money earned.

Got a nice galco...
    ^^My $0.02 not yours^^
    -Chris
    aka Gas Man

"Why pay somebody else to fuck up your bike?"
    "Custom don't bolt on!"

Take it for what its worth but I was an advocate for all leather holsters only until I tried this holster from comp-tac. I have tried over 10 different IWB holsters and for a bigger gun this one is the shit. Retains the gun perfect,cuts down on the thickness that a all leather holster would have, has adjustable depth, you can interchange the kydex part for different guns, horsehide backing cuts down on sweat and it's comfortable. After 2 years with this holster and no marks on the gun either.

http://www.comp-tac.com/catalog/prod...products_id=95

But those damn style holsters are so big...
    ^^My $0.02 not yours^^
    -Chris
    aka Gas Man

"Why pay somebody else to fuck up your bike?"
    "Custom don't bolt on!"

Quote Originally Posted by alhall88 View Post
    Take it for what its worth but I was an advocate for all leather holsters only until I tried this holster from comp-tac. I have tried over 10 different IWB holsters and for a bigger gun this one is the shit. Retains the gun perfect,cuts down on the thickness that a all leather holster would have, has adjustable depth, you can interchange the kydex part for different guns, horsehide backing cuts down on sweat and it's comfortable. After 2 years with this holster and no marks on the gun either.

http://www.comp-tac.com/catalog/prod...products_id=95

I'm always worried about the Kydex ruining the finish of my gun. Every have that problem. I looked at holsters all day and actually think I might just get a cheaper Uncle Mikes for this gun for now. I'll rarely if ever carry this gun and it'd be dumb to get an expensive holster for it for occasional carry. Or I might go for this one because this is the one I have for my 83 and really liked it.
    http://www.fist-inc.com/holsters/holster/1A.htm

Hey Bob I had a holster made for my Kimber 1911. The guy is here in NY and does excelent work. The holster was $65 delivered. He will tell you 4 weeks but everyone gets them in a week or two.
    His name is Bob Durbin and he is in Dansville, NY 1-585-335-3832. He does not have a website. This guy will send you the holster and if you like it you pay him. Not many people have that kind of faith in humanity anymore.
    It will be custom made for the firearm you have.

I prefer peace. But if trouble must come, let it come in my time, so that my children can live in peace.
    Thomas Payne

Thanks man! I also just found a holster called UBG that looks really nice for the cash too.

I really like that Kimber by the way.

Thanks Bob I really like it too. The thing is a tack driver when i'm on. I also found a guy in Arizona that makes nice, reasonably priced revolver holsters.
    He made one for my Dan Wesson .357 and I just ordered another for my new S&W J Frame. Here's the link.
    http://www.simplyrugged.com/
    I prefer peace. But if trouble must come, let it come in my time, so that my children can live in peace.
    Thomas Payne

I think I've decided on a UBG holster. I'll keep everyone updated though.

Just ordered the UBG Canute. I'll let you all know how it is when I get it.