Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: mechanic????

Default mechanic????

okay so i need some help with my bike i live in woodhaven its a 2006 sv650s just charged battery but when it hit start button it makes no noise even after the fuel injection i dont have my clutch lever on because its off to chrome so I am going to try it when it gets back next week but still have a problem with my projector headlights so if anyone is local and able to help me it would be greatly appreciated

only one head light was on then it went off did not know if the wiring is funky on it or not so let me know, dont really have a way to transport it lol but i can get a truck just no ramps and wont fit in my van lol

chris
    Last edited by XS650; 02-12-2011 at 06:58 PM.

A shop manual is essential, it'll have trouble shooting tips as well as schematics. With electrical issues you always start working back from GROUND. Check you battery cables first, both ends and also the cables themselves to see if they show any evidence of corosion. Does your clutch lever need to be pulled in at start up?
    Old age and treachery ALWAYS overcome youth and skill! Growing old is mandatory- growing up is OPTIONAL! I.B.A. #26543.

If you're messing with wiring and all of the sudden nothing works on a charged battery, check your fuses.

He said there's no clutch lever on it... but you're trying to start it. most of those metrics have safety switches on the clutch handle... so that you have to have the clutch pulled in to start. You probably need to bypass that.
    ^^My $0.02 not yours^^
    -Chris
    aka Gas Man

"Why pay somebody else to fuck up your bike?"
    "Custom don't bolt on!"

i think it got bypassed last time my friend worked on it and switched the wiring for not needing clutch pulled in and everything works minus lights and starting turn signals brakes, horn kill switch andf everything so I would assume its just the clutch lever but i will keep you updated on whats going on if not is anyone local to take a look at it or do i need to just take it to a dealer?

Need to check Neutral safety switch.

Know alot of modern bikes wont let you start em in any gear other than neutral.

Headlights go off because of a relay that cuts em out so power doesnt draw when starter is activated. (or did you mean headlight went off onad sayed off???)

headloight stayed off i think i have a bad set of ballasts or something i just went out to try it today and i turned bike on and i head a clicking from the fuse kinda slow clicking would this mean bad fuse???

Check your battery connections.

Make sure they are tight.

ya they are nice and tight when i get my clutch lever in from the chromer i am going to try it again hopefully it works lol

put the lever back on and undue the by-pass job. then we'll go from there
    headlight, is there power (low & high beam) and ground at the headlight?