Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Local shops for gear?

Default Local shops for gear?

I read through some of the posts on gear here, and I'm still looking for some local shops that sell motorcycle gear at a decent price.

I see some of you in flint have Rockys, but what is local in metro detroit suburbs?
    I'm looking for some boots, maybe some kevlar jeans, and hopefully a mesh jacket or shirt with kevlar...

The boots and the pants, obviously I just cant bring myself to buy online as I need to feel comfortable that its the proper fit, shirts and coats are a little easier but still... nothing like trying it on before you buy...
    ~Rich
    ~'08 B-King

There use to be Recreation Leisure in Farmington Hills. But I don't know where or if they are still around.

I think this is them now...
    http://www.alliedleisurecorp.com/
    ^^My $0.02 not yours^^
    -Chris
    aka Gas Man

"Why pay somebody else to fuck up your bike?"
    "Custom don't bolt on!"

What about on the east side?
    Their site doesnt seem to have a lot to offer as far as gear goes....
    ~Rich
    ~'08 B-King

go try on the product you want then find the item online and see what the better deal is
    Formerly known as Rugby66x

Yes I agree, I jsut have to find a good local store with a good selection.... thats the problem
    ~Rich
    ~'08 B-King

We have a good selection of taxtile jackets, boots will be coming soon, pants are tough to stock as I don't yet have a changing room but hopefully will soon. Is it fair to go to a local dealer and have them give good customer service and then go and buy online?

That was not my intensions, if the pricing is fair locally, I would buy locally.
    What is the name of your shop? and location?
    ~Rich
    ~'08 B-King

I wasn't targeting you I was just fishing for feedback more than anything, sometimes people come into the store and I swear that is what they are doing, but I'm not sure so I just help them the best I can and hope it turns out in my favor. Anyway, Honda Suzuki of Warren at 13 and Ryan. We have competative pricing, and we have what seems people don't think they need anymore, customer service.

I'll try to get by there next week and see what you have...
    ~Rich
    ~'08 B-King

Customer service is huge to me. I dont mind spending a little extra if I get helped and treated well along the way. The problem is when you walk into most stores any more you have to hunt people to ask if other sizes are available or something or they come up and ask if you need help right away when you first walk in then disappear as fast as they showed up just so they can say they helped. Thats why when it comes to things for my bike I go where im treated the best, get the best service at a reasonable price. The bike is a hobby its what makes me feel good and the only stress I like having from it is when im trying to figure out how to make something work.
    Formerly known as Rugby66x