Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: newbie geezer from SW Mich

Default newbie geezer from SW Mich

This is an interesting site, seems to not be brand specific which is kinda nice....

I am a retired mechanical engineer that has been a bike freak for almost 50 years. Back in the 60's, I was a mechanic (engine builder) for one of the Honda factory race teams. I had the pleasure of wrenching at The Isle of Mann, Laconia, and several other road race events. That kind of experience is priceless....

I have no idea how many bikes I've owned over the years, but lots of them. Presently, there are 9 in the barn, the newest one is a 1980. My daily rider is a '70 Honda that I'll keep forever because I like it. I am 90% finished with a '79 Yamaha 1100 that is being restored as a bagger. I found this bike last summer with only 5600 miles on it, the previous owner let mice use it as a bathroom and a chew toy. A new wire harness, lotsa sand and soda blasting, and a major fuel system overhaul, and I now have a bike ready for paint in the spring. Looking forward to it....

There is a decent trip planned for June '11 with my two sons; we plan to run the Blue Ridge Parkway starting at the south end. Been waiting to do this while they were growing up. Sounds like fun.....

Welcome, but I gotta' tell ya'...

ic:

Alcohol, Tobbaco and Firearms should be a convenience store, not a government agency.

Good morning and Welcome! The Blue Ridge/Skyline is just fantastic and riding it with your sons will be priceless.

Welcome and like Tele said... pics please!

Also, the forum not being brand specific is the best part about this forum. That and us all being local so we should be able to meet up and check out all the different bikes.
    ^^My $0.02 not yours^^
    -Chris
    aka Gas Man

"Why pay somebody else to fuck up your bike?"
    "Custom don't bolt on!"

welcome stick around and dont get scared off by the rest of the hooligans here!!
    Formerly known as Rugby66x

Welcome to the site.

Know a bunch of good folks from down Battle Creek, Kalamazoo area. Most of em ride the older metric stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Gas Man View Post
    ...us all being local so we should be able to meet up and check out all the different bikes.
    Yeah, you'd think so, wouldn't you?

Alcohol, Tobbaco and Firearms should be a convenience store, not a government agency.

Tele... I said SHOULD
    ^^My $0.02 not yours^^
    -Chris
    aka Gas Man

"Why pay somebody else to fuck up your bike?"
    "Custom don't bolt on!"

kwats, nice to see you here. another cb750 rider in the house!
    you gonna make it to the WHCM? i seen blue ridge parkway and figured maybe, just maybe you'll make it this year. hell of a good time
    Last edited by junkyardjon; 01-23-2011 at 05:25 PM.

Can't do WHCM, we're locked in for 1st week in June. I'm free, but my son's aren't. Pretty sure my old ass will be healing up while WHCM is happening. We are planning to do Muskegon, though in July.