Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gonna' hit the range today

Default Gonna' hit the range today

I'm officially on 32 hours a week until things pick up. Could be worse. I can take whatever day I want, so since today is indoor pistol at the club and it was supposed to be icy this morning it seeed like a good day.

My pistol league starts in two weeks and I haven't shot my 'new' stainless Ruger MK II Target model yet. I need some hours on it.

The problem is as a waiting list member I can't get into the building. I am told there's a guy that goes out every Tuesday and shoots most of the day. I'll give it a try this afternoon. If not I'll shoot outside. It's fairly warm today and the firing line is covered.

I expect to be quite bad, it's been many years since I've done any amount of shooting. Fortunately it's a handicapped league. No need for me to sandbag.....

Alcohol, Tobbaco and Firearms should be a convenience store, not a government agency.

What club did you end up joining Tele? I forgot.
    Money won is twice as sweet as money earned.

Quote Originally Posted by telecast View Post
    Fortunately it's a handicapped league. No need for me to cornhole Gas Man.....
    Do you wear a helmet?
    I prefer peace. But if trouble must come, let it come in my time, so that my children can live in peace.
    Thomas Payne

To Bob: Dundee

To Don: A bicycle hemlet with lots of padding.

Alcohol, Tobbaco and Firearms should be a convenience store, not a government agency.

Tele, do you have a link to the Dundee club? I've been thinking of joining a club for like 2 years now. LOL

http://www.dundeesportsmansclub.com/Dscinc/home.htm

FYI, you need someone to sponsor you in, and it ain't me because I'm a 'waiting list' member and can't be a sponsor. If I was a full fledged member I'd be happy to. You need to poke around and see if you can find anyone you know who belongs there.

Quote Originally Posted by telecast View Post
    http://www.dundeesportsmansclub.com/Dscinc/home.htm

FYI, you need someone to sponsor you in, and it ain't me because I'm a 'waiting list' member and can't be a sponsor. If I was a full fledged member I'd be happy to. You need to poke around and see if you can find anyone you know who belongs there.
    Thanks! I think I might have cousins that shoot there.

You might want to consider Wayne County Sportsman's Club, it's in Romulus. Probably a lot closer to you.

Well, so much for that. Ever shoot a machine pistol? The Ruger is firing two and three round bursts. Not every time, but 2-3 times per mag. Ruger's turnaround time is 2 weeks, and Terry is at the SHOT Show, so no help there until he gets back. The League starts in two weeks.

CRAP.

That sucks man. Is that the first problem you've had with the Ruger? I was watching some concealed show this weekend and it was sponsored by Ruger and I was wondering how reliable they where. I've never shot one. I have a buddy that uses one as his carry gun though and really seems to like it.