Thread: Why am I all of a sudden lusting after an M1 Carbine?

Default Why am I all of a sudden lusting after an M1 Carbine?

Not really all of a sudden, I've wanted one on and off for years. I like historic weapons, especially WWII era. I think buying that old .45 for my kid brought it back. Not really usefull for much other than plinking, but I still want one. I'd like to get a Saginaw model just because it was made in Mich, but I think my price range is probably more toward the Inland or Winchester.

Alcohol, Tobbaco and Firearms should be a convenience store, not a government agency.

i would love to get an M1..
    Redline Superbike
    http://www.redlinesuperbike.com/

Learn about photography: ATP Members

After doing some research odds are the only thing I'll be able afford is a mutt. Inland was the most prolific builder at over 2.5 milllion guns, and even they're going for upwards of $1700 for an all original matching parts gun. Guns made up of parts from different years/manufacturers can be had for $4-600.

WWII M1 Contractors:
    It'd be pretty cool to have one made by Rock-Ola, the jukebox company. I can't even imagine how much one marked Commercial Controls would cost!

One thing that's appealing is the small round size. They're relatively inexpensive, sold like pistol ammo, and can be reloaded on a pistol press. Basically one step up in cost from a .22 for plinking.

Alcohol, Tobbaco and Firearms should be a convenience store, not a government agency.

My favorite gun. I've wanted a Saginaw for a very, very long time
    You might be like, I'm confused, what's the attraction?
    But some dudes just love to lose traction.

Like any club that has grown too large, [motorcycling] has become mired in vacuous debates and split into a thousand splinter factions. Older riders hate squids; cruisers hate sport riders; Harley riders hate everyone, including themselves.