Thread: Anyone on here have their seats mailed in to have gel pad inserts performed before?

Default Anyone on here have their seats mailed in to have gel pad inserts performed before?

Well I'm starting to do some planning for a weekend lower peninsula bike trip with some friends some time over the course of this summer and the first thing I'm looking into is having something more comfortable to sit on as my ass starts getting sore after riding for almost two hours on my bike. Sport bike seats FTL... At least my riding position is upright...

I've been looking everywhere for replacement seats and the only thing I came across for my bike was a Corbin seat. Which look like great seats but at $450 is a little out of my budget.

So I came across this company Americana Soft Seats that was mentioned on another forum and for $139 (winter rate) + $26.95 for shipping back to your door they will remove the liner and replace the stock foam with gel memory foam. On just the driver portion (front) Can have the passenger seat done as well for more $.

http://www.americanasoftseats.com/PayPAL.htm

I was considering mailing my seat in maybe in a week or two and have it done before winter ends since the bike is just sitting in the garage.

If anyone has had something like this done either by another service or has any personal experience I would be very interested to hear how it went, and if it was worth it etc. Thanks guys!
    Last edited by 2isGR8r; 01-13-2011 at 12:43 AM.
    2008 Kawasaki Ninja 650R - Diablo Black

Check this guy out. I've read a lot of positive reviews on his work:

http://greatdaytoride.com/Home_Page.php

Nope none of those...

Support michigan guys & my personal buddy that does all mine & my buds choppers. He's awesome and has fast service. He is also some of the local custom builders seat guy.
    Seatmaker from Bad Ass Bike Seats.com

He does all kinds of leather work as well as gel inserts. He's good, real good. I would say one of the best I've seen. Trust me I have checked out others work at various rallies. I see all kinds of defects I have never seen in Seatmakers seats.

If you check out his gallery on his website... you can see an example of the gel inserts.

I suggest you email or call him vs PM'ing him here.
    Last edited by Gas Man; 01-13-2011 at 07:59 AM.
    ^^My $0.02 not yours^^
    -Chris
    aka Gas Man

"Why pay somebody else to fuck up your bike?"
    "Custom don't bolt on!"

Great thanks for the suggestions! I'll definitely look at seatmakers seats.
    2008 Kawasaki Ninja 650R - Diablo Black

Quote Originally Posted by meinschaft View Post
    Check this guy out. I've read a lot of positive reviews on his work:

http://greatdaytoride.com/Home_Page.php
    I've heard good things from him as well.
    Money won is twice as sweet as money earned.

My seat is with Spencer now of greatdaytoride.com so I will give you guys some reviews once it gets warm...
    Two biggest complaints with the ER-6n was the seat comfort after about 2 hours, and the mirrors... so they've both been upgraded.

yes yes yes, I will get pics up this week.

Quote Originally Posted by fatmanracing View Post
    yes yes yes, I will get pics up this week.
    Good man!
    ^^My $0.02 not yours^^
    -Chris
    aka Gas Man

"Why pay somebody else to fuck up your bike?"
    "Custom don't bolt on!"

Just a quick note, I got the supracor upgrade on my seat too, so that should be a review some of you guys might be interested in... no gel, just the supracor, which is supposed to be an awesome material for weight distribution.