Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Blacked out Honda Big Ruckus

Default Blacked out Honda Big Ruckus

A few weeks ago I picked up another 2006 Honda Big Ruckus , it was in an estate . The deceased former owner only put 46.7 miles on it , but did a lot of cosmetic damage to it by loosely carrying it on the back of his RV . I bought it right as far as the price goes , so rather than just paint the damaged areas , I decide to tear it down and change the color . I am doing a blacked out version on this one . It should be done in a couple of weeks , when it's done I'll post some more pics . TheReaper!

This is what it looked like before the tear down

This is the frame after the tear down

This is the frame after the new paint

What are you going to do with it??
    ^^My $0.02 not yours^^
    -Chris
    aka Gas Man

"Why pay somebody else to fuck up your bike?"
    "Custom don't bolt on!"

Quote Originally Posted by Gas Man View Post
    What are you going to do with it??
    I haven't decided as yet . This is the 9th one I've bought and so far I've sold 3 of the 9 . My son and I both drive one and I've got 4 like new pristine in the collection . In the collection there 2 of the 2005 mustard color , 1 2006 in the silver and this new one that will be all black . Are you looking for one ?

TheReaper!

I have no idea. What's their speed?
    ^^My $0.02 not yours^^
    -Chris
    aka Gas Man

"Custom don't bolt on!"

I have no idea. What's their speed?
    I've heard 85 is about top speed , I've had one up to 75 .

TheReaper!

And at 75 it was.....
    ^^My $0.02 not yours^^
    -Chris
    aka Gas Man

"Custom don't bolt on!"

And at 75 it was.....
    I don't have a windshield on my BR so it was a little windy , but the super wide tires and the BR's low center of gravity made for a nice ride . All that said I find that going 70 and 80 on any bike or scooter a little abusive .

A little about the BR , off the show room floor they aren't really that great . You need to re-jet the carb , install a Jcosta variator and a Bitubo rear shock . Then you have to drain the oil and instead of using 1.2 quarts , you only use one quart . The reason for this is Honda called for to much oil which lead to blow back on to the air filter . The oil clogged air filter along with the under jetted carb led to some pretty serious bog off the line . The cost to do the modifications is a little over $600 if you can do the work yourself . Once you've taken care of the above , IMO it's the best scooter ever . I use mine for every thing all summer long . I have a huge custom made trunk by Happytrail in Idaho on it and can carry 2 weeks worth of groceries home . My son took one look at it when I got done with it , and said he wanted one just like it trunk and all . So I found another one and built it out for him . We love ours but like any bike they're not for every one . If you want a 250cc scooter now you can get a pretty good deal on a low mileage Honda Reflex . The Reflex is a great scooter , but it has a plastic body and can't carry near as much as the BR . The BR is more of a motorcycle with a scooter engine and trans . This is my summer daily driver , notice the trunk .

TheReaper!
    Last edited by TheReaper!; 12-25-2010 at 12:15 AM.

I would love to ride it.
    ^^My $0.02 not yours^^
    -Chris
    aka Gas Man

"Custom don't bolt on!"

I'd love to ride it too my buddy had some type of 250 scooter in his back yard but never got a new battery for it and i was on him all the time because i wanted to ride it.
    Formerly known as Rugby66x

Here is the thing about bigger bikes , mostly people use them for joy rides . My neighbor has a big Harley ultra but he seldom uses it . I asked him if he would or ever had used it to run to the store for a loaf of bread . He said no because it was no much trouble to take it out . Not only are bigger bikes bigger dollars , they are also bigger and more clumsy . I'm only speaking for myself here , but for running around town the Big Ruckus 250cc scooter with a large trunk , like the one I have on mine is just about perfect . With all the mods I get a consistent 51mpg and I drive it hard .
    Another thing I like about this scooter is , the fact that I don't have the constant shifting around town . That gets old and monotonous at least for me . Some guys wouldn't be caught dead on a smaller bike or scooter , but I'm 63 years old and could care less what any one thinks . All that said every bike has it's pluses and minuses , a big Harley is great on a trip , but for running around town to the grocery store or just running errands , you just can't beat a 250cc scooter or motorcycle . Gasoline could jump back to $4 or even $5 in the blink on an eye , IMO it would behoove some one to have an economic 250cc 2 wheeler . I have a bigger bike for pleasure and or taking a trip , but the Big Ruckus is my go to daily driver . After I got all the bugs out of my first Big Ruckus and I was driving it up the drive way I would think , they aren't making any more of these so I better pick up another one . To date I've owned 9 , I've flipped 3 for a nice profit and still own 6 .

TheReaper!