Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New from Clinton Township

Default New from Clinton Township

I too saw the ad on Craigs and decided to take a look see . I'm mostly into scooters 250cc and up , I guess I just plain got tired of shifting more or less .
    I have a small collection of scooters and also do a little buying and selling of same . When you become a collector , you kind of sort of become a dealer of sorts . I own a couple of low mileage Elite 250's and a bunch of Honda Big Ruckus scooters . I also have a 2009 Tmax . The Big Ruckus is my all time favorite , that is once all the gremlins have been exorcised . Off the showroom floor they weren't really road worthy , maybe that's why they didn't sell very well ? Long story short , for about $600 all the gremlins can be exorcised and you have one of the all time great scooters .

That's my story and I'm stickin 2 it .

TheReaper!

Cool.

Post up some pics.
    ^^My $0.02 not yours^^
    -Chris
    aka Gas Man

"Why pay somebody else to fuck up your bike?"
    "Custom don't bolt on!"

Ask and you shall receive . TheReaper!

[/quote]

Those are all yours?
    ^^My $0.02 not yours^^
    -Chris
    aka Gas Man

"Why pay somebody else to fuck up your bike?"
    "Custom don't bolt on!"

Welcome!
    I prefer peace. But if trouble must come, let it come in my time, so that my children can live in peace.
    Thomas Payne

Quote Originally Posted by Gas Man View Post
    Those are all yours?
    YUP ! & I have a couple more here and there . TheReaper!

Welcome to the forums. I road my buddy's Morphous this year and was very impressed with it. It was silent and really smooth. I think it had a 650 in it.
    Money won is twice as sweet as money earned.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob View Post
    Welcome to the forums. I road my buddy's Morphous this year and was very impressed with it. It was silent and really smooth. I think it had a 650 in it.

The morphous has a 250cc motor and has EFI . Like the Honda Reflex , Helix and Big Ruckus the Morphous was discontinued . Now neither Honda or Yamaha offer a 250cc scooter in the U.S. or Canada .

I've been buying up all the low mileage Big Ruckus I can find at a decent price . So far I've bought 9 and flipped 3 . I drive one and so does my son and we have 4 like new BR's in stock or in the collection if you prefer . The Big Ruckus is the only 2 wheeler that is actually going up in value right now . They are extremely rare , in 2005 they made 882 and in 2006 the made 1448 . Then in 2007 they made a few for the Japanese market and then they discontinued them . They ride and handle more like a motorcycle than a scooter . Once I got the bugs out of it I grew to love the Big Ruckus . For riding around town running errands etc etc , you can't beat a Big Ruckus .

TheReaper!

Yeah, 250 I meant. LOL

I did not even know they made a Big Rukus. You have a ton man! If I hear of anyone in the market i'm sending them your way!
    Money won is twice as sweet as money earned.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob View Post
    Yeah, 250 I meant. LOL

I did not even know they made a Big Ruckus. You have a ton man! If I hear of anyone in the market I'm sending them your way!
    It won't be long and there will be a real shortage of 250cc scooters in the U.S. and Canada . From here out it's a Chinese ,or a European scooter like Vespa / Piaggio . When Honda and Yamaha quit there isn't much left . To me for price and fuel economy the 250cc scooters are the best . The BR is freeway capable and at the same time cheap as hell to run around town . It cost a little over $600 to get the bugs out of a Big Ruckus , and in the end it's worth the price . Also I really like the military no nonsense look .

TheReaper!
    Last edited by TheReaper!; 12-23-2010 at 10:57 AM.