Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Opinions on fat front tire.

Default Opinions on fat front tire.

Well the more I look into changing the wheel setup on my maxim the harder it looks like its going to be to change wheels. So to make the current setup look a little better I was thinking of going this route:

It alows me to use another rear wheel on the front.

Current front for reference:

I think the size change would be from a (3.5" 90 18) to a (130 90 16). As a plus then I wouldn't have to get lowering springs for the front.

I like it but I think I'd like it better if the one in the pic had the same size and model tire. The one on the front looks bigger. But i like the look of fat front tires.
    Money won is twice as sweet as money earned.

Yeah I haven't looked too far into options for front tires yet but I'm sure I'll make them the same size once I get a company that can do 130's in the front and rear in a 16"

Like the big front tire look.

Alot of the old bikes run the same tires front and rear. Just have to run the front tire in reverse direction. (old style tires too, not modern radials)

wouldnt it be easier to swap to a tire with the same axel size for instance i could swap my front tie on my shadow spirit out for the front tire of a shadow ace and everything would match up no problemo but i would be going from a 110-19 to a 140-17 and i like having the front tire taller than the rear.
    Formerly known as Rugby66x

Yeah I like the fat fronts. Haven't rode one yet though.

But I'm with rugby... keep it taller even when going fatter.

And what rim would it have? Match the rear?
    ^^My $0.02 not yours^^
    -Chris
    aka Gas Man

"Why pay somebody else to fuck up your bike?"
    "Custom don't bolt on!"

There is only one option as far as wheels go for this bike and thats stock lol. The wheels stayed the same through all of the xj production. So although it would be easy to swap a different front wheel because all I have to worry about is the axle. The rear is very hard to change because of the shaft drive and brake housing. So for this I'd be picking up another rear wheel just like mine and putting it on the front instead of having miss matched wheels.

Looks cool! Put some snows on that > : )
    You might be like, I'm confused, what's the attraction?
    But some dudes just love to lose traction.

Like any club that has grown too large, [motorcycling] has become mired in vacuous debates and split into a thousand splinter factions. Older riders hate squids; cruisers hate sport riders; Harley riders hate everyone, including themselves.

fat front!

I love the look of a fat front tire. I put a 150 on a Suzuki C50 a couple years ago and now my Harley bobber has a 130 on the front and back. It makes the bikes feel a bit more sluggish but these aren't sportbikes so it's not that noticable once you get used to it.