Thread: Internal K&P Oil Filter "New"

Default Internal K&P Oil Filter "New"

Wanted to let you guys know that I now stock the S-13 K&P internal oil filter. This fits most Kawasaki, Yamaha, Honda and Triumph. The 2 big things about this filter is that one you will never have to buy an oil filter again and two it has 35 Micron Absolute Filtering Capability.

A lot of talk about microns is thrown around when talking filters. The main controversy is just how well a filter is capable of filtering engine debris and combustion contaminants. I will use a Harley Davidson filter as an example. In the large print it will claim to filter down to 5 Microns. The fine print will further explain that particles as large as 50 micron will pass through this filter. So the Absolute Filtering capability of this filter is 50 Microns. And this is one of the better filters out there.

The stainless steel mesh used in the K&P is the same used in Hospitals to filter blood, is FAA approved and can flow up to 7 times the oil volume of a paper filter.

This is a video of Dave Fisher, owner of K&P explaining the filter.
    I have them in stock on my website at this link:K&P Micronic Oil Filters

Thanks and Merry Christmas!

I prefer peace. But if trouble must come, let it come in my time, so that my children can live in peace.
    Thomas Payne

Very cool filter. Got mine
    Trainguy

I have tried on a few sites to explain the absolute filtration side.

Also, here's some more info on the K&P ,the K&N, and HD filters. Also, helps you get into the right mind on some of the technology here.

http://www.2wheelmichigan.com/forums...ead.php?t=1093
    ^^My $0.02 not yours^^
    -Chris
    aka Gas Man

"Why pay somebody else to fuck up your bike?"
    "Custom don't bolt on!"

Great article. I just read it again for about the 3rd time since you posted it. I do find the replies from K&N to be cookie cutter replies designed to appease the masses. They do not do a good job of answering your in depth technical questions.
    I just became a supporting member on The North American Goldwing Forum. The S-13 I now stock fits all the older Honda Goldwing's as well as many others.
    I prefer peace. But if trouble must come, let it come in my time, so that my children can live in peace.
    Thomas Payne

Go Don GO!
    ^^My $0.02 not yours^^
    -Chris
    aka Gas Man

"Why pay somebody else to fuck up your bike?"
    "Custom don't bolt on!"