Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: May 13th, 2011 - Port Dover, Canadia

I went over and back twice on the bike in Detroit and Niagara Falls with no problem. The guy with me was an Italian with a green card. In fact they were very decent and I was wearing club colors at the time..

Quote Originally Posted by Fishman View Post
    I went over and back twice on the bike in Detroit and Niagara Falls with no problem. The guy with me was an Italian with a green card. In fact they were very decent and I was wearing club colors at the time..
    Colors as in MC or do you mean a riding club patch?

Not an MC, but a full set of club patches, but most people cant tell the difference..I was afraid they might attract some interest at the border, but nothing..

Quote Originally Posted by Fishman View Post
    Not an MC, but a full set of club patches, but most people cant tell the difference..I was afraid they might attract some interest at the border, but nothing..
    But for those who can, please dont call your group patch Colors,Cut,Rag.

Here is a pretty good educational website.

http://www.rcvsmc.net/id3.html

Quote Originally Posted by SportstersPaul View Post
    Yes, and keep in mind 1. Enhanced Drivers License, or 2. Passport! and leave the gun at home!!!!!
    Truth. I hate leaving my gun at home!

Quote Originally Posted by WILEY View Post
    Crossing back into US was the worst, had some guy telling me what to do that could barely speak English. Course didnt help that I know just enough Spanish to know what he was saying under his breath. He didnt like it atfter everything was over that i called him el coņo muy raro.
    I love it... great story.

Quote Originally Posted by rugby66x View Post
    In my opinion the border is complete bull shit. if im a fucking american i should be allowed back into my country especially if i have a passport birth certificate and drivers license and im white. What do they think i left the country for a little bit now im trying to get back in to blow something up. Im obviously not an illegal immigrant trying to sneek in either.

I've never tried crossing on the bike but im sure it wouldn't help matters any.
    I agree. Last time I went thru (pre-Sep 11, 01) as I went to re-enter, the guy went to ask me something as I grabbed for my passport, as soon as he saw them, he waved me thru. No questions at all. Never even looked at the passport. He just saw the color and waved on.
    ^^My $0.02 not yours^^
    -Chris
    aka Gas Man

"Why pay somebody else to fuck up your bike?"
    "Custom don't bolt on!"

Never had any problem with border crossings here into Canada, Canada into New York or vice versa. Do find it much more convenient crossing at smaller site like we have here in Marine City or Algonac. Next to no traffic as well.
    Old age and treachery ALWAYS overcome youth and skill! Growing old is mandatory- growing up is OPTIONAL! I.B.A. #26543.

This is coming... who's going?

I got a big crew of folks rolling out thursday morning. probably be rolling 12+ bikes, support truck/trailer, and bbq grill.
    ^^My $0.02 not yours^^
    -Chris
    aka Gas Man

"Custom don't bolt on!"

I was thinking of a "day trip" on Saturday.

Any advice from those that have been before?

Going in on friday will test your coolant system on a metric or your oil temps on a hd.

saturday may be better. I know we leave sat.

oh and take route 3 going out... much nicer ride. We keep the 401 highway for coming home.
    ^^My $0.02 not yours^^
    -Chris
    aka Gas Man

"Custom don't bolt on!"