Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ok, well...crap. Second guessing my claiber choice

Hey, help the economy, buy one of each!!! Just like bikes- you can't have to many. F.W.I.W.
    Old age and treachery ALWAYS overcome youth and skill! Growing old is mandatory- growing up is OPTIONAL! I.B.A. #26543.

Quote Originally Posted by alhall88 View Post
    Also if you can't make it back to the Sheriffs Dept. to drop off the the other 2 sections of the permits you can mail it to them.
    I think you can mail it to your local pd as well.
    Money won is twice as sweet as money earned.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob View Post
    I've shot some plastic/polymer .40's that was just too much kick for my taste. After a few rounds at the range it was enough and not enjoyable. Not that it needs to be enjoyable but I find if I don't enjoy shooting the gun I won't practice with it as much. Let us know what you end up choosing!
    That's exactly what I'm worried about.

Not too concerned about getting back to the PD. Just go to the end of the block, turn left and walk across the park...

Alcohol, Tobbaco and Firearms should be a convenience store, not a government agency.

tele check your pm

spell check
    Redline Superbike
    http://www.redlinesuperbike.com/

Learn about photography: ATP Members

Tim: Alot of the gun shops up here have ranges and will let you shoot before you buy, just a thought.
    Old age and treachery ALWAYS overcome youth and skill! Growing old is mandatory- growing up is OPTIONAL! I.B.A. #26543.

Quote Originally Posted by SportstersPaul View Post
    Tim: Alot of the gun shops up here have ranges and will let you shoot before you buy, just a thought.
    Same here but Magnum Force is the best gun shop to deal with. LOL
    Money won is twice as sweet as money earned.

Spoke with a few more people, and they all agree a subcompact .40 is a good choice for PP, but they're a bitch to shoot regularly at the range. One guy said that after a few magazines it started to hurt.

I'm still up in the air. Reloading my own ammo allows me to run very light loads for practice and plinking, and just use a heavier load for PP. It might come down to something as simple as brass availability, still hearing .380 is expensive and hard to come by.

Alcohol, Tobbaco and Firearms should be a convenience store, not a government agency.

Pussies, shot my buds S&W 500 snubby this weekend. One Hand.
    Now that hurts!!!!
    I prefer peace. But if trouble must come, let it come in my time, so that my children can live in peace.
    Thomas Payne

Well, that was easy. Went in and poked around, spotted a Walther PPK/S in Stainless. No brainer, love it.