Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New Road King Classic

Default New Road King Classic

Picked this up Saturday. Had it on order not expecting it till early November but the dealer was able to find and trade for it. Has the 103 engine, cruise control, ABS brakes and perimeter security. The color is called Dark/Light Candy Root Beer. Only put about 70 miles on it so far but that will change.

I prefer peace. But if trouble must come, let it come in my time, so that my children can live in peace.
    Thomas Payne

Nice!

103 engine, is it a CVO?

Alcohol, Tobbaco and Firearms should be a convenience store, not a government agency.

I seen the price raise of $2500 over last years model but like you seen the 103, cruise and abs and thought the increase wasn't that bad. I want one one of these bad anyone want a chopper?

Quote Originally Posted by telecast View Post
    Nice!

103 engine, is it a CVO?
    It's a bored out 95. Stroke is the same. Has loads of torque.

Quote Originally Posted by alhall88 View Post
    I seen the price raise of $2500 over last years model but like you seen the 103, cruise and abs and thought the increase wasn't that bad. I want one one of these bad anyone want a chopper?
    I know what you mean about the price. It list for just under 21K with the paint option. Lots of nice upgrades from the 2005 also.
    I prefer peace. But if trouble must come, let it come in my time, so that my children can live in peace.
    Thomas Payne

You're going to love the 6 speed.

Alcohol, Tobbaco and Firearms should be a convenience store, not a government agency.

Quote Originally Posted by telecast View Post
    You're going to love the 6 speed.
    Yeah, i know. No more pounding the shifter in search of another gear.
    Thomas Payne

Have you had it on the highway yet? 6th gear is the shit. The bike just floats along.

My '07 was the first year for it. 5th has a bit of a whine, I guess they fixed that in later years. I like it, if I lose track I know I'm in 5th!

I had it out on a couple country roads sat. where I was able to hit 70-75 mph. Your right. that 6th is sweet. I have an indicator on the dash that lights when i'm in 6th. The only gear that has a whine on mine is 1st if i'm still rolling. This break in is killin me though. I just want to crank it to see what it has.
    Thomas Payne

Mine has the indicator. Unless I'm hitting at least 60 there's no point in 6th, it just lugs the engine. A friend of mine has 6th on a dyna, the lighter weight lets him use 6th all the way down to 50 and below.

Congrats man!
    Money won is twice as sweet as money earned.