Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: FZ1 Project

Got the front end raised and back to stock height. It's going to suck tippy toing for a while until I get used to it again and who knows I might end up lowering it again. But the rear was lowered 2" and the front 1" so it was not correct and lowering the front 2" would of caused all sorts of clearance issues. It was easy though. I've never messed with the forks before and it was more nerve racking getting the bike on the stands than it was messing with the forks. Hopefully my jets come this week and the bike should be buttoned up this next weekend or the weekend after that. Knock on wood all I have left to do is put the jets in the carbs, install the carbs, install the radiator, install the handle bars and cross my fingers as I try and start it.
    Money won is twice as sweet as money earned.

Done! I think. My dad came over tonight and helped me get it all back together. It took a while to get it running and it ran really rough until i got the idle adjusted. But the throttle is much more crisp. I snap it and the response is instant. I think it really needs a carb sync and it'll be running 100%. Somehow though my battery died from the time i took it out and the time I put it back in so that it next on the list.

always something. least you have a snappy throttle now!

Quote Originally Posted by apex factor View Post
    always something. least you have a snappy throttle now!
    Aint that the truth man.

I have a motion pro carb synch if you need to borrow one, or I could help synch...

edit, I believe you should always synch after modding or cleaning.

Thanks man! I might take you up on that come end of winter. I think I'm just going to wait until then.