Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ride Saturday October 18-

Default Re: Ride Saturday October 18-

it will be a little warmer sunday and tomorrow i have to go up in warren an see a friend
    william

couldn't make the ride. went out this morning and found the wing laying up against the convertable. big dent in the left quarter panel and broke the mirror housing on the wing. mr boop came over to help me* get the bike off the car. got a new seat yesterday you know the ones with the built in back rest. well i took the old one off and put the new seat on but the bolts were too long so i took two bolts and a spacer with me to the hardware to get the right legnth bolts and came right back home. i put the grab handle on the left side and bolted it downand wento over to do the right but no handle. looked around and noticed a few things moved. so i guess while i was gone someone went in the yard moved the stuff and took the handle too, so i went on ebay and placed a $10 dollar bid on some but if i loose i'll have to order it from honda monday. am i bummed out yes i am and yes i still have to order mirrors
    william

Any idea what caused the bike to fall over onto the car??

Yeah no shit... I was reading the post thinking... ok... ok... figuring something he did caused it to tip...

And somebody came into your yard?* Its in the yard?* And then stole some random parts?* WTF???
    ^^My $0.02 not yours^^
    -Chris
    aka Gas Man

"Why pay somebody else to fuck up your bike?"
    "Custom don't bolt on!"

a friend came by while i was gone and took the seat handle. he returned it just after i posted this. as far as the bike falling over my best guess is the kickstand extension that the po put on it. the bike sits really streight up almost as sreight as being on the center stand and if the groung isn't level the bike will go over easy with just a light touch. while i had it on the center stand i took the extension off. guess i'll be ordering some chrome morrors over the winter
    william

Perhaps you should put a wedge between the mount and the frame.* It would change the geometry and make the bike lean over more... like this... I have one under my sidestand.* Hard to see here.
    http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l311/ ... ay7119.jpg[/img]
    ^^My $0.02 not yours^^
    -Chris
    aka Gas Man

"Custom don't bolt on!"

Wow... we are lame.. haha... well, if anyone was not a turd like me and rode, hope you had more fun then me this weekend.
    Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "Holy Sh*t... WHAT A RIDE!"

i just took the extension off so the bike sits on the side stand like it should, anyone want a free sidestand extension ;D
    william

It had an extension.. wow... yeah you don't want that.* A nice 25-30 degree lean is good.
    ^^My $0.02 not yours^^
    -Chris
    aka Gas Man

"Custom don't bolt on!"

I rode Sat morning about 8:30 and it was a bit chilly.* Rode Sunday afternoon to get something to eat and had to get a jump I know its the battery.* Then the rod that holds my crash bars started to come out while I was riding, both bolts on each side are gone.
    Bettyboop 79 gl1000