Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: tattoo artist

Default tattoo artist

me and a buddy are looking for a good tattoo artist he is looking for one that is good with portraits and i am looking for a good black and white its going to be my first so i want someone i can trust. the guy i planned on doing it i cant get ahold of him and now i need to find someone who's work i like enough to trust giving me my first one. im very picking and that is probably why i keep putting it off especially since i have no drawing skills what so ever i can only talk out what i want and then im going to let him/her get creative if they want.
    Formerly known as Rugby66x

Tom Renshaw, He works out of Eternal Tattoo. He's a bad ass portriat and black and white artist. He may very booked and 400 bucks an hour.

Quote Originally Posted by horrorbusiness View Post
    He may very booked and 400 bucks an hour.
    Huh?

Rug, you're probably going to get as many opinions as you do posts. If you get two of the same, go for it!

Alcohol, Tobbaco and Firearms should be a convenience store, not a government agency.

Quote Originally Posted by telecast View Post
    Huh?

Rug, you're probably going to get as many opinions as you do posts. If you get two of the same, go for it!
    He is a very well known artist, he may charge up to 400 per hour. I'll just leave this here for the Thread starter.
    http://www.tomrenshaw.com/index2.html

Tom is currently located at:
    Eternal Tattoos
    1004 W. 14 Mile Rd.
    Clawson, MI 48017
    Click here to view map!

Matt Hockaday - Dixie Tattoo on Dixie Hwy in Waterford. Check out some of his work at www.creativestains.com

Amazing artist with anything you can throw at him.
    ------------------------------------------------
    RIDES:
    2006 Harley FXDB Street Bob
    2003 Suzuki DR650

The trade center? hahaha

I've seen some good ones from Sacred Art in Flat Rock on Telegraph.
    Money won is twice as sweet as money earned.

ya i want something good but im still a student so dont think i can afford 400 and hour because im sure it will take more than one session. the guy that was going to do it used to own baby dolls in taylor but i havent been able to get ahold of him. i heard a few rumors about some things and also have heard he opened a new shop in lincoln park called body modifications but havent been able to find it and when i call i always get voicemail but never get a call returned. he does great work and is reasonable but the customer service hasnt impressed me so im looking for someone else. i have heard sacred art does good work and i know a lot of people are going to have different opinions but im pickier than shit which is why i keep putting it off. im going to sit down with a couple of different guys and see what they come up with and ill let you guys know.
    Formerly known as Rugby66x

Ever see the movie "House Guest"? If so I hope whoever you find is better than the guy in that movie. LOL

I've thought about a tattoo on and off again for some time now. I doubt I'd ever get one. I have a hard enough time finding a paint guy I trust enough to paint my vehicles, I can't imagine trusting someone enough to ink my arm. haha
    Money won is twice as sweet as money earned.

I really don't know if Renshaw charges 400 an hour, He's one of the names you hear other Artist talk about.
    I live near Dixie Tattoo and I have seen Matt Hockaday's work in photos and his color stuff looks good.

My guy is Johnny Detroit out of Cherokee Creek in Garden City. All I have is black and white and I'm happy with his work. Not sure how he is with portraits though.
    My current rides:
    02 H-D FXSTDI Softail Deuce
    89 Kawasaki Ninja 750R