Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Re: Do you like it?

Default Re: Do you like it?

That's what I want to try and do with the little Honda.* I have to take pics of it and post them.* I will soon, promise.
    Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "Holy Sh*t... WHAT A RIDE!"

hey i just looked again at that bike did anyone notice that is a right side shift and left side brake?
    william

Old(er) Harleys did that too for awhile when they were competing with Triumph.

Sure would be strange to ride one like that.....for a little while anyway.

I see alot of 70's Japanese street bikes made into the Cafe style lately. They look pretty cool when they're done right, and finished.

no they didn't do it to compete with the brit bikes the us gov mandated that all bikes be left side shift and right side brake. most italian bikes were right side shift too
    william

Well just goes to show all the wrong shit one can learn reading magazines.*

Guy I know has a late 60's Harley that is like that; shift on right, brake on left. (I think his is a 67 or 68, and will find out for sure)

And I read in some mag recently that Harley was doing it, because the Brits were doing it, but then all bikes sold here-(USA) had to be the same; brake right-shift left. Mandated like you said, for one reason, (again according to the magazine), was that people were having accidents too much as a result of the reverse order of some bikes.