Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Milwaukee last week

Quote Originally Posted by telecast View Post
    Why? I've always wanted to do that, give us the low down.
    Well, it was fun... but I would have liked just riding around the entire way, it was 2 bones to get the bike across, it was hot, everyone starts there shit up 1/4 hour before they open the gate so you suck all this hot exhaust, no one has courtesy for your skoot, clanging the POS straps off your fenders... damn near had to lay a guy out after the third time asking him to slow down and becareful where he slung the damn things. I could go on and on.... it was an experience, if you ever decide to go? take your own straps, which I did, and in May and June every year your bike rides for free, that is the only up side.... I hate riding thru Chicago, but I will go clear around next time.

TWO HUNDRED BUCKS?

I just checked the website for the SS Badger, the website says $38 for a bike and $69 per person. Did the $200 include you and a passenger?

Also, what kind of tie down straps? They say you have to provide your own. Just ratchet straps?

Definitely sounds like fun, but maybe not as much as I thought....

Alcohol, Tobbaco and Firearms should be a convenience store, not a government agency.

Quote Originally Posted by telecast View Post
    TWO HUNDRED BUCKS?

I just checked the website for the SS Badger, the website says $38 for a bike and $69 per person. Did the $200 include you and a passenger?

Also, what kind of tie down straps? They say you have to provide your own. Just ratchet straps?

Definitely sounds like fun, but maybe not as much as I thought....
    I thought the badger was from Ludington to Manitowoc, we did the one from Muskegon to Millwakee (Lake Express), difference is one takes 2 hours and the other takes like 4. And yes that 200 was for the wife and I. Actually with tax and all it was like 190...

I brought 4 of my own ratchet straps even though they supplied some, they were in rough shape.

I don't get motion sickness, but if you think you do, it's worth it to take something for this, even if you think you may, it could mean the diff, between a good day and a ruined one, I've seen it.

Ok, got it. Hell, I didn't even know they ran one from Muskegon to Milwaukee.

2 hours eh? Sounds like the prices are similar, close enough to make it worthwhile anyway.

Alcohol, Tobbaco and Firearms should be a convenience store, not a government agency.