Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Milwaukee last week

Default Milwaukee last week

I was there for work and though I'd sare some pictures.
    On the way to breakfast Sunday morning I saw this just parked on the curb like it was no big deal.
    DSCN0759.jpg
    Everything going on here is right. Gas can, leather helmet.....
    DSCN0757.jpg
    Over at the harley museum, the mighty XR. I'd love to ride one.
    DSCN0778.jpg
    Finally a set of pipes that I like.
    DSCN0777.jpg
    This wasn't one of Evel's bikes (but it looks like it). This guy tried to re-create each of Evel's big jumps on the same equipment. He smacked the landing ramp on the buss jump and was out of jumpin for 3 years recovering. Check out the rear rim, the wheel contacted the ramp first.
    Sportster owners take note of the modified swingarm and wider rear tire.
    DSCN0785.jpg

Chris

Excellent! The truck/bike on the street is cooler than the shit in the museum!

Alcohol, Tobbaco and Firearms should be a convenience store, not a government agency.

In 1971 Evel dreamed up the Snake River Gorge rocketcycle jump while sitting in Moose's Bar in Kalispell, MT. Obviously it didn't end well when he released the chute prematurely and landed at the bottom of the canyon, under the ramp he was launched from.
    DSCN0776.jpg
    For you geezer glide fans, Evel's last bike. A limited edition "EK" Road King from Harley.
    DSCN0779.jpg

Chris
    Last edited by Chris300s; 07-23-2010 at 09:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris300s View Post
    For you geezer glide fans

I still like the one in the truck!

Alcohol, Tobbaco and Firearms should be a convenience store, not a government agency.

Quote Originally Posted by telecast View Post
    Excellent! The truck/bike on the street is cooler than the shit in the museum!
    Never actually made it into the "museum". The Evel Kneivel exhibit is just one of their temporary shows in an seperate building.
    I organized this whole gig and spent most of my time either drinking or greeting people (hearding cats). Still have the ticket and plan to go back before summer's out.

The truck and bike in the street was one of the coolest things I've ever seen. I almost got hit by a car crouching to take these pictures.

I would have liked to talk to the owner but I couldn't find him.
    DSCN0760.jpg
    Monday morning this became my desktop, so I've been staring at it for a while.
    DSCN0758.jpg
    After staring at it a while I think that the bike is just part of the "show".
    DSCN0756.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Chris300s View Post
    After staring at it a while I think that the bike is just part of the "show".
    DSCN0756.jpg
    Absolutely. He drives that truck around with the bike, leather helmet and gas can to get the exact reaction you provided! I'd be willing to bet you a beer he used to work at HD.

Quote Originally Posted by telecast View Post
    Absolutely. He drives that truck around with the bike, leather helmet and gas can to get the exact reaction you provided! I'd be willing to bet you a beer he used to work at HD.
    Breaks my heart. I can't imagine having something that cool and not riding it. Even if it's just on parade duty. Different priorities I guess.
    However, the bikes obviously original and I can appreciate him not wanting to mess with it. Myself, I don't have that kind of self control. There'd probably be some repop parts on it and I'd have the biggest shit eating grin around!

I really want to ride over the milwaukee and see the HD muesum...
    ^^My $0.02 not yours^^
    -Chris
    aka Gas Man

"Why pay somebody else to fuck up your bike?"
    "Custom don't bolt on!"

We did a few weeks ago, it's pretty cool! (HD museum) we actually took the ferry over (never did that b4, and likely wont again), then rode back thru the UP. I liked the Museum.

Quote Originally Posted by chaingunner View Post
    we actually took the ferry over (never did that b4, and likely wont again), then rode back thru the UP.
    Why? I've always wanted to do that, give us the low down.