Thread: sprocket size?

Default sprocket size?

I am running a 51 tooth rear sprocket and not sure what tranny sprocket to run, a 23 or 24 tooth. I know a 23 tooth will give me more low end torque, but will I be running too high an rpm on the highway? I've tried the calculators, but I don't get anywhere with them.
    Looking to ship your vehicle across country? We ship cars, bikes, boats, and rv's www.toprankautotransport.com

Is it an electronic speedo? Could you simply run a speedo healer on it? They only work on the metric bikes, can't remember what you're running. Check out speedo healers website
    http://www.healtech-electronics.com/

As far as rpm... that is dictated by your engine power and you're idea of "too high".

Baker Trans has a real nice explanation & calculator...
    http://www.bakerdrivetrain.com/gearratios/index.htm
    http://www.bakerdrivetrain.com/gearratios/rpmCalc.htm
    ^^My $0.02 not yours^^
    -Chris
    aka Gas Man

"Why pay somebody else to fuck up your bike?"
    "Custom don't bolt on!"

I'm not running a speedo. By too high I mean am i gonna get on the highway and be wishing I could shift once more, I have a 5 speed tranny.
    Looking to ship your vehicle across country? We ship cars, bikes, boats, and rv's www.toprankautotransport.com

I say if you are only going to be doing a little bit of highway then go with something that will give you more of the low end. You'll want that more for around town anyway.
    Money won is twice as sweet as money earned.

i wish I could help but without knowing what bike you have it would be next to impossible .

Quote Originally Posted by snofrog View Post
    i wish I could help but without knowing what bike you have it would be next to impossible .
    It's a custom build and I forgot what motor and trans he ended up going with.
    Money won is twice as sweet as money earned.

Quote Originally Posted by snofrog View Post
    I have a sucker punch sally with an 80" evo and a 5 speed tranny.

where is the majority of your riding done ?

Gonna ride mostly local, but will be taking a few road trips to the UP and out East.

I ordered the 23 tooth. I don't think it'll be that bad