Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 1988 Yamaha radian yx600

Default 1988 Yamaha radian yx600 SOLD!

Hello all, yes i know im new to the forum. but i really need this bike sold.
    and i would love it to go to someone who would take care of it, as it is a pretty rare. but not highly sought after, bike.

heres the low down.

its a 1988 yamaha radian.
    completely STOCK
    600cc.
    4 cyl
    6-speed
    Mileage is 18,9xx

things i did to it:

*New NGK plugs
    *oil changed 10 miles ago, with valvoline motorcycle 4-stroke 20w50 and yamaha filter
    *New air filter
    *cleaned up the chain, lubed it up.
    *went over every single nut and bolt on the bike *do every year*
    *pulled the carbs off, tore them down completely, replaced the float bowl seals, and went through the entire carbs with a can of carb clean and a fine tooth comb. they are 100% perfect.
    *polished the intake and outlet of the carbs.
    *took the bike in to a buddys shop, and had the rims checked for true, and had new tires put on.
    *reconditioned the new battery. topped it up, and trickle charged it.
    I know there is more than i am missing.

all the listed thing i have done were at the start of this season, and have less than 500 miles on them

there are a few bad things.
    few scuffs on the case, and the mufflers, a few chips on the tank.
    there are no mirrors
    forks are soft. may need seals, or just new fluid.

I love this bike. i would never get rid of it, except i just wrecked my car, and need one bad.

im located in paw paw, mi. 49079

Its HIGH, but $2000. extremely negotiable.

Last edited by 88radian600; 05-30-2010 at 01:27 PM.

Wished I was in the market buddy. Always liked Radians and have a soft spot for Yamahas in general. I do have some potential side jobs coming up. If they actually come through and ya still have it, I may just give ya a shout. Best of luck to ya man!
    My current rides:
    02 H-D FXSTDI Softail Deuce
    89 Kawasaki Ninja 750R

when i picked this bike up 2 years ago, i bought just as something to save gas on. well. i fell in love with it. and decided i wouldnt get rid of it. i have a soft spot for yamahas as well. id never even heard of the radian, until i bought this one. its a very comfortable bike.

great looking bike.. best of luck selling it.. hope you are selling to buy another bike..
    Redline Superbike
    http://www.redlinesuperbike.com/

Learn about photography: ATP Members

Quote Originally Posted by Mudpuppy View Post
    great looking bike.. best of luck selling it.. hope you are selling to buy another bike..

unfortuneately, no. i wrecked my car, and i only had plpd on it. and having 2 kids. means i need a car.

i will buy another bike eventually. i want a shadow.

or start piecing this gsxr600 back together. one way or another, ill be back on a bike soon enough

that sucks.. if i hear of anyone looking for a bike i will send them your way..
    Redline Superbike
    http://www.redlinesuperbike.com/

Learn about photography: ATP Members

I always liked this bike, bulletproof as well.
    Last edited by Thruxtonbill; 05-27-2010 at 02:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by fz1bill View Post

I always liked this bike, bulletproof as well.
    Yes they are. thanks for viewing.
    Last edited by 88radian600; 05-27-2010 at 02:31 PM.

If I was TRYING to be rude I would of come right out and told you "you're asking to much for your bike". That said, I have deleted the link. You are right, NADA is just a guide.
    The thing is, this was your first post here, no intro, nothing to contribute, just offering up your 22 year old bike with issues. Good luck with the sale.

well for not introducing myself ido apologize. i just happened to stumble across this site yesterday. i didnt mean to offend you, or anyone else on this site.

i am sorry that my bike offends you, no, actually im not. im not trying to force you, or anyone into buying it. i will be a good forum member, and try to contribute where i can. as i plan on staying around as i have a 2000 gsxr that needs to put back together, and i need to buy a few things for it.

With that said, lets get this thread back on topic.

i am open to ALL offers on my bike. as i need to sell it and get a car.