Thread: Ride highlights 5/15/10

Default Ride highlights 5/15/10

Well, since I just got a new GoPro I couldn't wait to test it out.. Redline had a meeting yesterday, and following that we went out for a quick ride so I took the opportunity to get some footage.

It's pretty rough around the edges - No fancy background music, and although the original video was shot in 720p, between iMovie and youtube, it killed the picture quality.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y6D-1zN6o28
    Last edited by aeryck; 05-16-2010 at 12:57 PM.

Nice! Where was this taken? Looks like some fun riding!
    My current rides:
    02 H-D FXSTDI Softail Deuce
    89 Kawasaki Ninja 750R

Don't know the exact areas, the side mount footage was around the gm proving grounds, and the rest was around milford to wixom.

Ahhhh...my neck of the woods. Thought some of it looked familiar. Around the GM proving grounds are definitely one of my favorite quick nearby rides.
    My current rides:
    89 Kawasaki Ninja 750R

Yeah, there are some hidden gems in there.. I didn't know the routes; the guy leading knew the area quite well since most of that ride was his route to work every day.

Pretty much 3 of the 4 sides around the proving grounds are excellent riding. The 4th is almost completely straight and bumpy as hell. I usually end up running the last leg down Kensington Rd. and do a "loopty-loo" at the roundabout there and come back the way I came. I can usually throw my big pig around there at 65-70 with no problem...discovered the secret with mine, gotta ride it like a dirt bike. Only way that skinny little front tire will track right.

Damn...now I wanna go for a ride!
    My current rides:
    89 Kawasaki Ninja 750R