Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Open carry at Taylor Council Meeting Tuesday

Default Open carry at Taylor Council Meeting Tuesday

Money won is twice as sweet as money earned.

While I'm not against OC, I don't see what the big deal with it is. I've had my CCW for years. It's not hard to get...and personally, I prefer not to "advertise". I understand wanting to make local laws fall in compliance with state laws, but I'm not sure that this is the correct way to do it. If you want to get REALLY technical, even the state laws (especially those in the states where OC is completely banned) doesn't fall in line with the Constitution:

"A well-regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed."

...no where does it say "except in day care centers... hospitals... churches... etc." But hey, who really gives a shit about the 2nd amendment anyways? Ha! I mean, hell...look at the "Brady Bill", and that was a federal law! To me, all this OC brew-ha-ha is just a drop in the bucket so to speak. There are far bigger fish to fry than allowing "Bubba" to carry around his 6-shooter on his hip. Personally, I'd love to see the day when you go to register to vote and you get a free gun. All this bleeding heart liberal bullshit about "Guns kill people" is just that...bullshit. If there weren't guns, there'd be pointed sticks...or baseball bats...or bricks...or tire irons...etc. etc. etc. It's not the people having to jump through hoops and bend over backwards to get guns through "legal" channels that are commiting all the violent crimes. Hell, it took me almost a week to get my DE. If I wanted to, I could drive down to the city this afternoon and buy an unregistered handgun on the spot straight-up cash from some street thug. Point being, while I understand the intent of this movement, I think it would be more effective "attacking" the head instead of the tail.

I'll have to keep my eyes peeled to how this plays out.
    My current rides:
    02 H-D FXSTDI Softail Deuce
    89 Kawasaki Ninja 750R

See I have a CCW/CWP and carry every day every where. I agree that there shouldn't be restrictions. It's my constitutional right. F everything else.

However, I 200% stand behind OC. I think there would be far less crime if people were walking around OC. A sign of force is a strong deterant.

The problem you get into is the inturpretation of OC/CCW in all aspects of life. Especially with things like carrying in your car.
    ^^My $0.02 not yours^^
    -Chris
    aka Gas Man

"Why pay somebody else to fuck up your bike?"
    "Custom don't bolt on!"

Quote Originally Posted by Gas Man View Post
    See I have a CCW/CWP and carry every day every where. I agree that there shouldn't be restrictions. It's my constitutional right. F everything else.

However, I 200% stand behind OC. I think there would be far less crime if people were walking around OC. A sign of force is a strong deterant.

The problem you get into is the inturpretation of OC/CCW in all aspects of life. Especially with things like carrying in your car.
    I'm the same as you.

I wish more people would OC just so more people become more comfortable seeing guns. People freak out too easily.
    Money won is twice as sweet as money earned.

Oh yeah Bob. People are F'in scared sheep pacing around outside the hallel butcher shop in dearborn.
    ^^My $0.02 not yours^^
    -Chris
    aka Gas Man

"Why pay somebody else to fuck up your bike?"
    "Custom don't bolt on!"

In two recent cases, people with CCW's have pulled the trigger when it wasn't necessary. In the most recent, a grandmother was shot while cooking dinner by a stray bullet fired at a carjacker who was driving away. Hell, I'd want to shoot him too, but that's not in the rule book. If people who are taking the course to get the permit can't stay within the parameters, then those who just decide to open carry their pistol sure as hell won't. Get enough shootings from open carry's and watch what happens to public opinion.

This is a case where things are better off left alone. It's one thing to be able to carry a pistol, another to know how to use it. The open carry advocates will keep pushing their agenda until they get what they want, then every clown with less than half a brain will be holstered up. No thanks. In other words, be careful what you wish for, you may just get it.

Alcohol, Tobbaco and Firearms should be a convenience store, not a government agency.

While I do agree to a point, for every accidental death caused by a stray bullet shot by someone with a CCW, there is probably 20 caused by some "street thug" with an illeagaly obtained weapon. It is definitely a difficult point to argue, especially when I tend to have the belief that 95% of the people on the planet are f'ing morons. That is my major contention with the open carry movement as well. Morons are dangerous enough without weapons.
    My current rides:
    02 H-D FXSTDI Softail Deuce
    89 Kawasaki Ninja 750R

Quote Originally Posted by RoadZombie View Post
    While I do agree to a point, for every accidental death caused by a stray bullet shot by someone with a CCW, there is probably 20 caused by some "street thug" with an illeagaly obtained weapon.
    Agree 100%. It's unfortunate that the law abiding citizens have to eat shit because of the assholes, but for some reason it's a much bigger deal when joe-carry defends himself than when a punk shoots a kid for his bicycle. I guess it's because law abiding licensed CCW's are expected to follow the rules, but no one has any expectations for a criminal.

Quote Originally Posted by RoadZombie View Post
    It is definitely a difficult point to argue, especially when I tend to have the belief that 95% of the people on the planet are f'ing morons. That is my major contention with the open carry movement as well. Morons are dangerous enough without weapons.
    Exactly. You can always argue that it's better to have a higher number of legally armed morons than illegally armed thugs, and that's true. The problem is, they're still morons!
    Last edited by telecast; 05-17-2010 at 09:32 AM.

Alcohol, Tobbaco and Firearms should be a convenience store, not a government agency.

lots of good stuff in here.. i don't really feel it necessary for me to elaborate y'all said it very eloquently..

the bottom line (this is the part i will add) is people are f'king weak, lazy and pretty much useless - our walmart nation.. want it all but don't want to have to work for it.. stuck in the hypothetical too worried about what might happen.. every state should adopt texas law and open carry automatic weapons if they so desire.. who do the laws apply to? the law abiding citizens.. criminals are criminals because SURVEY SAYS they don't follow the f'king law..

i will leave you with this quote from one of the greatest men to ever live:

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants."
    -- Thomas Jefferson
    Redline Superbike
    http://www.redlinesuperbike.com/

Learn about photography: ATP Members

Quote Originally Posted by Mudpuppy View Post
    "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants."
    -- Thomas Jefferson
    Agreed!

Now i'm just going to sit here for a few hours/days and watch Gas Mans new Pic!
    I prefer peace. But if trouble must come, let it come in my time, so that my children can live in peace.
    Thomas Payne