Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: K&P Stock Increased

Default K&P Stock Increased

I have an order due Monday from K&P. I have included filters to cover Harley Davidson, S&S, Honda, Kawasaki, Suzuki, Yamaha, Triumph, Victory, Buell, BMW and More. I have ordered the new part numbers in billet for 2 reasons. 1. Dave claims this finish outsells the others by 10-1. 2. They are the least expensive. I can special order any filter in any finish also.
    Mud, I am working on the question regarding the tether.

This is the direct link to the K&P page.
    I prefer peace. But if trouble must come, let it come in my time, so that my children can live in peace.
    Thomas Payne

yeah if they could put a hex nut with holes for safety wiring on it the filter would be golden for me anyways..
    Redline Superbike
    http://www.redlinesuperbike.com/

Learn about photography: ATP Members

Hey Mud, Talked with Dave at K&P yesterday and he said that there is an easy solution to that problem. Evidentially there is plenty of metal on the end fin of the filter where the oil filter cap wrench slides over the filter to drill a hole to attach a tether. I will post pics later of how this should be done. This is an approved K&P fix for all on the racing circuit.
    I prefer peace. But if trouble must come, let it come in my time, so that my children can live in peace.
    Thomas Payne

ok thanks.. that would be sweet.. then all i have to worry about is oil..
    Redline Superbike

Been kind of crazy today. I'll try and get you some pics so it's more clear what needs to be done. Should be able to get em posted by the morning.
    What do you run for oil?
    Thomas Payne

Being I know Mud is well aware of drilling out things for safety wiring... it would be easy for him.

Simply drill the fin.

And I think I remember Mud running Amsoil
    ^^My $0.02 not yours^^
    -Chris
    aka Gas Man

"Why pay somebody else to fuck up your bike?"
    "Custom don't bolt on!"

Good Man. Amsoil and K&P. It don't get any better than that!
    Mud, PM me if ya want a filter. I'll cut ya a deal.
    Thanks for the pic Chris.
    Thomas Payne

Yes running Amsoil..

ok drilling out the fin does solve the safety wire issue but i have another issue that the hex definitely helps with - getting the filter off.. putting it on is easy enough but taking it off is another story.. the amsoil one i am using now is a bitch to get off.. there is no room in there and it's impossible to get the oil filter wrench in there.. any suggestions? i love the idea of a one time oil filter and i know everyone raves about k&p.. i definitely want to buy one.. i think they come in black also right?

i definitely want to buy the filter and also the green light trigger..
    Redline Superbike

PM sent Mud. I m sold out of the Green Light Triggers and will not be reordering. Sorry.
    Thomas Payne

This is also where the K&P excells. It comes with a special socket to get the filter off. Takes a 3/8" wrachet into it. The black cup

Put the wrachet or an extension in it...

I know with the K&Ns I have had their cheap hex nuts crush and basically leave you without that neat aspect. Not with these!
    ^^My $0.02 not yours^^
    -Chris
    aka Gas Man

"Why pay somebody else to fuck up your bike?"
    "Custom don't bolt on!"