Thread: Went to the range today...

Default Went to the range today...

I have to admit, I'm very glad I never sold my CZ83. I don't get to shoot it much and always forget how accurate it is and how nice it is to shoot. I'm really wanting a CZ75 or 85 one day and was looking to trade the 83 for one but think I'll keep the 83 and try and get a 75 or 85 as well. I'm not sure why CZ is not as popular as some of the other makers but I'll probably always stick with CZ or at least always have one.

My KelTec jammed once on me, first time it's ever done that and I've fired a ton of rounds through it, but I'm pretty sure it's because of a bent ejector. I have a new ejector on the way so hopefully I'll get that in and get to the range to try it out next weekend.

Did some shooting myself today and then took a ride out to Johnson's Sporting Goods in Adrian to see if I could do some old fashioned bartering on a trade but it didn't work out. He offered a good price for my trade considering he's a dealer but the gun I wanted he was charging $125 more than I could purchase that same gun through my GSSF discount. If your a member of GSSF (Glock sport shooting foundation) you can purchase 1 handgun a year at LEO prices.

Quote Originally Posted by alhall88 View Post
    Did some shooting myself today and then took a ride out to Johnson's Sporting Goods in Adrian to see if I could do some old fashioned bartering on a trade but it didn't work out. He offered a good price for my trade considering he's a dealer but the gun I wanted he was charging $125 more than I could purchase that same gun through my GSSF discount. If your a member of GSSF (Glock sport shooting foundation) you can purchase 1 handgun a year at LEO prices.
    Try out Magnum Force in Monroe. They have awesome prices and offered me what I was looking to sell outright for my CZ on a trade in.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob View Post
    Try out Magnum Force in Monroe. They have awesome prices and offered me what I was looking to sell outright for my CZ on a trade in.
    Good call. A friend of mine own's the place, I've never seen lower prices.

Alcohol, Tobbaco and Firearms should be a convenience store, not a government agency.

Quote Originally Posted by telecast View Post
    Good call. A friend of mine own's the place, I've never seen lower prices.
    Which one is the owner? There are usually the same 2 guys when I go in at the counter and usually an older guy in the back.

Terry. Others there are Lloyd and Tim. Lloyd does most of their smithing, scope mounting, drilling, etc.

Alcohol, Tobbaco and Firearms should be a convenience store, not a government agency.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob View Post
    Yeah I called them up today to see if they would handle an FFL transfer for me and he was very helpful and reasonably priced. I ended up doing a private swap with a guy from Tennessee.

Magnum Force is a great place they tend to get a bunch of my money .
    and there great guys to deal with .

Quote Originally Posted by alhall88 View Post
    Yeah I called them up today to see if they would handle an FFL transfer for me and he was very helpful and reasonably priced. I ended up doing a private swap with a guy from Tennessee.
    Glad they could help. Did you check out their prices while you were there? Or if you haven't went yet, make sure you do when you go.