Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Edward Hines Drive

Cool Edward Hines Drive

Edward Hines Drive

One of the premier roads relaxing motorcycle roads named after Edward N. Hines. Its one of the very few in this area...

Its a nice ride... You can start from either end but it runs from
    Northville to Dearborn.

If you start from Northville, it starts here at the Northville Downs

And ends up on Ford Rd just down the street from Ford Motor Co. world headquaters

And World Headquaters II

Did just a little over a 100 miles I did today. It was good to get back out again.

I'm going to make it a point to "blog" some of my day trips. So I also went ahead and put my garage camera in the bike so its not going to be all blackberry pics like these were.
    ^^My $0.02 not yours^^
    -Chris
    aka Gas Man

"Why pay somebody else to fuck up your bike?"
    "Custom don't bolt on!"

I agree on that stretch of road
    Trainguy

sounds like a good idea gas on "blogging" your trips. also agree on that road especially during the day or later at night(especially) at night when you don't have to fight other cars. i did the whole stretch one night staring around 1230 and maybe saw one other vehicle on the road.
    Formerly known as Rugby66x

Good idea... never road it at night.
    ^^My $0.02 not yours^^
    -Chris
    aka Gas Man

"Why pay somebody else to fuck up your bike?"
    "Custom don't bolt on!"

yep come summer thats when i do most of my riding i like hines, north dixie highway/west jefferson, and west jefferson in grosse point for my night rides when its warmer out for somthing local.
    Formerly known as Rugby66x

Does the park (and road) still fill up with partiers? When I was a kid it was tough to get through it on a summer weekend. That was before they started closing the part by Nankin Mills. Back then it was far from relaxing, it was downright dangerous.

Alcohol, Tobbaco and Firearms should be a convenience store, not a government agency.

Nah, used to live over there. It's pretty well mellowed out...and has been for quite awhile. It's one of my usual routes as well...just drop down Beck Rd. to 7 mile and aaaaaa-way ya go!

My favorite section of that road is right at the beginning. I refer to it as the "tunnel of trees"...its not THE tunnel of trees, but still gorgeous. Especially during a fall color ride.
    My current rides:
    02 H-D FXSTDI Softail Deuce
    89 Kawasaki Ninja 750R

Another nice ride is out in my neck of the woods. Not quite as long as EN Hines drive, but definitely one of the local "ride favorites"...ALWAYS see bikes through there when I'm riding. If you get off 96 at Miford Rd. and just go north...I wanna say probably about 5 miles, you'll come to General Motors drive. Hang a left and follow it to the entrance of the GM Proving grounds (I want to say the cross street here is Hickory Ridge). Take a left there as well. You'll end up going 3/4 of the way around the Proving Grounds and ending up on Kensington Road headed south back to 96. It's definitely a nice, quick little ride. An alternative to that would be coming up Milford Road and instead of turning left down GM Drive, turn right and follow it through downtown. Just keep following Milford Rd north to Holly. Once you cross M59, its a REAL nice ride. Then you end up pretty much right in Historic downtown Holly which is a really quaint little town as well.
    My current rides:
    02 H-D FXSTDI Softail Deuce
    89 Kawasaki Ninja 750R

Actually, Hickory Ridge from 96 north is a decent ride.

Alcohol, Tobbaco and Firearms should be a convenience store, not a government agency.

i have rode Hines quite a few times..
    Redline Superbike
    http://www.redlinesuperbike.com/

Learn about photography: ATP Members