Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New HD Funnels

Thumbs up New HD Funnels

Ok, I'm a sucker for funnels. I must have all kinds of them, right along side my turkey baster. Some purchased and some made of old plastic 2 liter soda bottles.

Like so

2 liter

Even a 20oz

I have a bunch more, including the drag spec black oil filter pan drain dilly. You get the idea.

So when HD came out with these fancy new funnels I just had to get em.

First up, the oil filter drain.

Oil Catcher Drain Oil Funnel

Then the primary oil fill up

Now they even came out with a few more
    Trans Funnel, that I don't need, already have one similar (even pictured above).

And a road funnel, which I'll just skip on principle that they should endorse such ideas.

I have yet to use my 2 new funnels but I know they are going to work great. Hey sometimes its the simple things in life that get us thru the day. LOL.
    ^^My $0.02 not yours^^
    -Chris
    aka Gas Man

"Why pay somebody else to fuck up your bike?"
    "Custom don't bolt on!"

Dang man. Why does HD make it so you need all of these special funnels? LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Bob View Post
    Dang man. Why does HD make it so you need all of these special funnels? LOL
    To sell more special stuff. HELLO!!
    ^^My $0.02 not yours^^
    -Chris
    aka Gas Man

"Custom don't bolt on!"

They probably sell a ton of the HD concrete oil cleaner?

HAHA!

I kid, I kid.

I tried your coke bottle for the tranny fluid, shit comes out to slow so I gave up and let it run where ever it felt like. Wasn't too bad. Got any how to's on how to take out a stripped out primary cover drain plug? Thinks the guys who changed out my clutch not only stripped it but used red loctite. Wasted an easy out trying with no luck, grrrr.

Seat, I have done the same with the trans drain on the bdms. If you can get to them... the 300's are PIA to the extreme.

The problem with the primary cover drain plug is that I swear some of them are torx not allens.

It is on the outer primary cover so that may help, cause you can just remove it and work at it better.

Try a left handed drill bit?
    ^^My $0.02 not yours^^
    -Chris
    aka Gas Man

"Custom don't bolt on!"

I do like the oil filter one...not so much for $20 though. I'll stick to my 1 liter ghetto funnel for that price.
    My current rides:
    02 H-D FXSTDI Softail Deuce
    89 Kawasaki Ninja 750R

Quote Originally Posted by Gas Man View Post
    Seat, I have done the same with the trans drain on the bdms. If you can get to them... the 300's are PIA to the extreme.

The problem with the primary cover drain plug is that I swear some of them are torx not allens.

It is on the outer primary cover so that may help, cause you can just remove it and work at it better.

Try a left handed drill bit?
    Yea the one on the primary, it's long gone now. Take it off and drill it out, crack the case to drain it from now on, buy a new case on EBAY from Shovelhead, or buy a pump? I'm thinking buy a pump. Ah oh, i think I'm hi jacking a thread, whoops

I like 'em. The filter funnel price is obscene though. They got about $0.49 into that thing.

The fill funnel is nice and not too bad at $4.95. The best deal is the 3 pack of disposables for $1.49.

Think about it, I can buy 9 of those for $4.50. In other words, I can change my oil 9 times with those for less than the price of the plastic one. I'd end up breaking or losing the plastic one anyway.

Alcohol, Tobbaco and Firearms should be a convenience store, not a government agency.

Quote Originally Posted by seatmaker View Post
    Yea the one on the primary, it's long gone now. Take it off and drill it out, crack the case to drain it from now on, buy a new case on EBAY from Shovelhead, or buy a pump? I'm thinking buy a pump. Ah oh, i think I'm hi jacking a thread, whoops
    So which one is stripped? Trans? You said primary...
    ^^My $0.02 not yours^^
    -Chris
    aka Gas Man

"Custom don't bolt on!"