Thread: Michigan Gun Owners fun Shoot...

Default Michigan Gun Owners fun Shoot...

Next Friday ( March 19th) MGO is having a free fun shoot @ Advanced Range in Burton from 5pm-9pm. They rent out the range or a very big portion of it anyways and MGO members and Forum Members can stop by for a meet and great. You can bring a dish to pass or just come as you are...

Be a nice Ride, Weather permitting... but I'll be bringing the family so I'll be stuck in a minvan... Good thing is I'll be shooting my 11-87 for the 1st time!

I think some are trying to get an open carry meet going for that day too in Wyandotte. I won't be able to make it though. We are talking about some of us having a OC meet in Wyandotte over the summer. Another group did it last summer and it was a huge turn out.

Bob... explain yourself pls.
    ^^My $0.02 not yours^^
    -Chris
    aka Gas Man

"Why pay somebody else to fuck up your bike?"
    "Custom don't bolt on!"

Quote Originally Posted by Gas Man View Post
    Bob... explain yourself pls.
    A bunch of guys just get together and open carry so to bring public awareness about it is all. Try and relax the general public so they stop panicking every time they see a person with a gun on their hip that is not a cop.

Well start a thread on it... I may attend. Bring some heat... just carrying pistols?
    ^^My $0.02 not yours^^
    -Chris
    aka Gas Man

"Custom don't bolt on!"

Well start a thread on it... I may attend. Bring some heat... just carrying pistols?
    It might not happen. I'll post up if it does. Actually it'll probably happen but might not be Wyandotte now. They are leaning toward Westland. I'll let you guys know.

I don't open carry but I'd probably go to support them guys. I got Magnum Force to give me a really good deal on my CZ today for a trade in so next weekend I might go back and trade it for a Ruger or a larger CZ. If I do I might open carry to the meet if they have one.

You pretty much need a CPL if you want to carry when riding,Our transporting firearms laws are to f'd up.

I try to support OpenCarry when I can, I went to one event in Roseville and I openly carry my handgun fairly regularly. For me I just "carry" I don't care if I print or gun is exposed. I just Lawfully carry my gun wherever our f'd up laws allow me to.

That's the problem DK... many cities have laws on the books in form of organances (sp?) to disallow open carry. Its BS. Not too mention with a CPL I should be able to do both. Hell I don't agree with place open to the public being able to tell me I can't carry.

Did you guys see the protest by gun bitches about star bucks?
    ^^My $0.02 not yours^^
    -Chris
    aka Gas Man

"Custom don't bolt on!"

That's the problem DK... many cities have laws on the books in form of organances (sp?) to disallow open carry. Its BS. Not too mention with a CPL I should be able to do both. Hell I don't agree with place open to the public being able to tell me I can't carry.

Did you guys see the protest by gun bitches about star bucks?
    I don;t think any local ordinances to ban open carry are legal. Pretty sure it's a state law.

That Starbucks thing is a joke. I'm not sure why Starbucks has been singled out but they've asked to stay out of it. LOL

All local ordinances about openly carrying were voided by the states Preemption law, That is was Michigan Open Carry is about, they are trying to hold these events to show the people and the local governments that they cannot trample on our U.S. 2nd Amendment or our Michigan Constitutional right to defend ourselves. They can arrest someone for anything they want, the police that is... but with the Preemption and previous case law siding with Open carry then the cities are going to go broke arresting open carriers...

But the MGO fun shoot is a different group, MGO Promotes safe storage and education. I was going to ride to the event but my wife and daughter wants to go too