Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Found out it's Family day at Wolverine Shooting sports.

Default Found out it's Family day at Wolverine Shooting sports.

In Brownstown.

Thinking of taking my daughter shooting, kids between 10-18 shoot free on Saturdays.

I need to borrow a 22lr rifle/carbine though. I'm not sure she's ready for a Semi auto pistol, even my 22lr . I think rifle would be a better 1st time shoot

Man, Eastpointe to Brownstown for a shoot because it's free for kids? Isn't there something by you that'd be break even when you count gas money?

Alcohol, Tobbaco and Firearms should be a convenience store, not a government agency.

How olds you're daughter? I'd let her go with the .22 pistol. Just load 1 at a time in the mag. till your sure she can handle it. Hey, ya never know. She might be a natural.
    I prefer peace. But if trouble must come, let it come in my time, so that my children can live in peace.
    Thomas Payne

Only range near Eastpointe that allows controlled rapid fire is Peter's and they wont let kids shoot... At least they didn't last time I asked.

If I cant Double tap I prefer not to go...

I don't know Double Actions policy on kids shooting, but its expensive as well, but thats still a 20+ minute drive, Brownstown/Taylor is only 35-40 minutes and range time is cheaper

Called around... Lots of different policies at ranges..
    My Daughter is 10.

Double Action states you have to be 18 to handle a Handgun in MI, but they'd rent a 22lr rifle for $25/hour(or half hour depending on how busy) + ammo and that includes the lane fee, plus they wouldnt charge me extra for being on the lane

Peter's says Kids can shoot, but needs to be 12yrs old and have hunters safety card...

Brown bear says Hunters Safety card required too...

So looks like Wolverine is my only indoor option. I dont think exposing her to "The Pit" in Lapeer would be a good idea.

Wolverine is ok... range is indoor but with no heat..
    ^^My $0.02 not yours^^
    -Chris
    aka Gas Man

"Why pay somebody else to fuck up your bike?"
    "Custom don't bolt on!"

Quote Originally Posted by Gas Man View Post
    Wolverine is ok... range is indoor but with no heat..
    I didnt notice, I was in there for a full auto shoot a couple of weeks ago.

cant go today, forgot I have stuff to do around house and daughter is grounded for pouring glue on some boys head for hitting her in class...

Wolverine is the best range around I think. A little older and no heat but it's just a range. I don't need the best of the best. Plus they are the cheapest around with no wait.

I'm thinking of joining the Wayne County Sportsmans Club. I think they are very family oriented if you wanted to check them out DK.

I ended up going to the gun show down in Monroe today. It's a good show but they did not have anything I was looking for.

shooting range? what's those for? hell i just go to my mom or dads place

Quote Originally Posted by _DK_ View Post

cant go today, forgot I have stuff to do around house and daughter is grounded for pouring glue on some boys head for hitting her in class...
    Thats a sticky situation.