Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Heat Shields and Spacers

Default Heat Shields and Spacers

I need to come up with some heat shields for this.....

With the rearsets, my right ankle is right up against the pipe. I was thinking of some expanded, perforated SS (where to source, need someone to weld on a stand off....). Or trying to modify a set of these from Santee. Nominal dimensions are 2"X11"X3.5", thoughts?

I also need a 1" tall stand off for my riserless tracker bars so that the controls clear my peanut tank. Thoughts on sources for that? I not comfortable using a couple of sockets, I'd like a better fit considering. Any local hardware stores have chrome bolt & spacer drawers?

Thanks,
    Chris

hit me up man, if you send me some better pics i can try to come up with something. i prob have some dom laying around for the risers but they wont be chrome. Those pipes are freeking huge ...are those stainless?

Quote Originally Posted by Cafe View Post
    Those pipes are freeking huge ...are those stainless?
    Yeah, they're stainless. They only weigh 14 pounds, 18 less than stock believe it or not. Between the pipes and rearsets I probably have 30 pounds of take off stuff laying on the bench. 20 pounds more if you add up the bags, brackets, pegs and windshield that were on it before.

Try your local "Mom and Pop" hardware store. The local Ace Hardware around here has chrome fasteners...probably spacers too. I'd suggest trying your local Ace as well.
    My current rides:
    02 H-D FXSTDI Softail Deuce
    89 Kawasaki Ninja 750R

they looked way bigger in the other pic haha Im digging them, nice clean lines to them

What brand are they?
    ^^My $0.02 not yours^^
    -Chris
    aka Gas Man

"Why pay somebody else to fuck up your bike?"
    "Custom don't bolt on!"

My money would be on SuperTrapp. Sick looking pipes whatever the brand though!
    My current rides:
    02 H-D FXSTDI Softail Deuce
    89 Kawasaki Ninja 750R

Yep Supertrapp, courtesy of Mick's M/C parts. They're made out of platinum.

Quote Originally Posted by Cafe View Post
    hit me up man, if you send me some better pics i can try to come up with something.
    If you don't mind I'll take you up on that. I'm in Columbia, MO all week (and most of next). I'll give you a shout when I get back.

Chris

Since I'm not riding, and Telecast's bored I'll put some pictures up for your enjoyment.
    So I managed to get my bars on with the stock controls without banging the tank. I bought (yeah bought) riser spacer cups from J&P.

Pipes are mounted up and the brake cylinder is on there for now.

The pipes are a little too low for the brake cylinder mount. In the short term I've got the mount flipped upside down. It'll work (once I get another braided line) but the resevoir will be below the cylinder. I can purge all of the air out of the resevoir or use length of tubing. Long term Shane from Chansikle's going to machine another plate with the mounting holes rotated forward and down.

I bought a t/o rear fender from a custom to cut up and paint but ran out of time. I'm kinda digging the look of the original fender for now and will work on the chopped fender when it rains. I think it looks a little like a drag bike with big frickin' megaphones!
    I have the chrome heatshields pictured above but haven't mounted them yet. I'm going to make a wood buck to reshape them with the same taper as the megaphone's. They're not very heavy duty and I don't want to crease them bending them by hand.