Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My fishing line helper

Default My fishing line helper

I made this today with some scrap I had in the garage. It's so I can spool my reels without needing another set of hands. I made it so it will not spin for when I do my spinner reels and it can also be adjusted with a spring to put tension on it for my coasting reels if I want to.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Pretty cool. Here's an idea: Put a nylon washer under the spool and another on top along with a metal washer, then add a wingnut. You can set the tension however you want, kind of like a brake. It'll let you wind and not worry about the spool taking off on you.

Alcohol, Tobbaco and Firearms should be a convenience store, not a government agency.

Yeah, that's what I have. Actually I'm using a spring to adjust the tension. Like on my welder how I adjust the wire tension.

Better yet!

Alcohol, Tobbaco and Firearms should be a convenience store, not a government agency.

I might have to go to your idea though if the threaded rod get in the way. I can't cut too much of it off or I won't be able to use a spring.

I have no idea what you are talking about!!!
    ^^My $0.02 not yours^^
    -Chris
    aka Gas Man

"Why pay somebody else to fuck up your bike?"
    "Custom don't bolt on!"

Talking

It a little helper to help hold the line when you restring a fishing reel. If you don't put a little pressure against the new line being strung sometime it creates nots on the new spool. Great idea and looks like a nice quality piece.

And we all thought you knew everthing

Gas, when are you calling in sick so we can go fishing?
    fat, loud and dirty

Quote Originally Posted by Pigpen View Post
    It a little helper to help hold the line when you restring a fishing reel. If you don't put a little pressure against the new line being strung sometime it creates nots on the new spool. Great idea and looks like a nice quality piece.

And we all thought you knew everthing

Gas, when are you calling in sick so we can go fishing?
    Thanks!

Yeah, and the trouble with spinning reels is that you should put the line on the spool the same way as it comes off the line spool. That helps line twist and it's very hard to do if you just let the line spool sit on the floor. I used to just set the spool on the floor, run the line under a book for tension and reel it in. Then I stopped doing mine all together and just taking it into Cabelas to do it. But that doesn't do much good when you need to respool while fishing in the middle of nowhere. LOL

Pig I have been working at my place for almost 12yrs... I have NEVER called in sick or took a sick day.

And get this... we have unlimited paid sick days.
    ^^My $0.02 not yours^^
    -Chris
    aka Gas Man

"Why pay somebody else to fuck up your bike?"
    "Custom don't bolt on!"

Quote Originally Posted by Gas Man View Post
    Pig I have been working at my place for almost 12yrs... I have NEVER called in sick or took a sick day.

And get this... we have unlimited paid sick days.

Man, that either makes you the guy with the highest work ethic in the world or the dumbest guy in the world.

I ain't figured out which yet.

Let me think on it....