Thread: Dewinterized today!

Default Dewinterized today!

Okay, I changed the oil/filter on the GSX, then siphoned the old stabilized gas out of the tank. Put new fresh gas in tank. Battery was fully juiced earlier and put back on the bike. Inserted key , turned switch on, pulled clutch in , pressed starter button. OMG! OMG! Would crank no problem, but wouldn,t fire up!!! Almost drained battery, recharge battery and let bike rest awhile.

Nearest I could figure was maybe plugs were bad. Bike is less than a year old which seems odd that plugs could be fouled already. Well, when siphoning the gas I think I introduced some air to the fuel injectors and perhaps gas wasn't getting in. After battery was charged, I cranked it hard, almost draining battery again , but finally fired up!! Let it run a few minutes to warm up and turned it off. Fired up normally and now seems fine. Hoping to do the little stuff tomorrow (adjust mirrors, lube chain, etc) and take a couple mile ride. Had the bike not started and forced the dealer to pick it up and bring it in ,I would have been royally pissed! Nothing worse than hearing you guys riding around while my bikes in the shop. Sorry for the long winded message, but I had to vent. :drag:
    At 50 mpg, who says going green can't be fun!!

Starting fluid is your friend ;-)
    My current rides:
    02 H-D FXSTDI Softail Deuce
    89 Kawasaki Ninja 750R

Yeah my Ultra didn't like it when I fired it up last week. Where as the nightster fired right up on about a half a key hit. Both FI. Who knows...
    ^^My $0.02 not yours^^
    -Chris
    aka Gas Man

"Why pay somebody else to fuck up your bike?"
    "Custom don't bolt on!"

2005 with an original battery. I could be asking for trouble this year.
    I'll live on the edge one more year.
    I prefer peace. But if trouble must come, let it come in my time, so that my children can live in peace.
    Thomas Payne

dude my bike fired right the fuck up on saturday.. no battery charging, no draining or siphoning fuel, no adding fresh - fuck all that shit.. just rolled it off the step, put in the battery (which was inside), cranked it once started up and died, cranked again and boom she was off and running.. put the mirror back on the left side, threw on my coat and did a 100 mile run.. about 30 miles in i thought wtf was i thinking? it was a tad cool.. and i had sufficient underarmor on under my pants and jacket but my hands could have used some hand warmers and despite my vents being closed my face was a tad cold.. of course i wasn't cold until i hit triple digits on the way to the west side loop.. hankerd looks damn good although no traction on saturday because it was too cold.. but its the best i have ever seen it.. look forward to railing through there once it gets warm enough for traction..

i have a picture of the bike by the frozen snow covered lake on hadley that i will post up once i get it from my other computer..
    Redline Superbike
    http://www.redlinesuperbike.com/

Learn about photography: ATP Members