Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 21 to 28 of 28

Thread: Good video on talking to the police

  1. #21
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    3,265

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by junkyardjon View Post
    i still say no, if they search thats fine but i know whats in my car. i don't trust the police at all. been searched for walking down the street, so.... what would you think?
    they do have a new police force around here but i still don't trust them. small town you know what there really like. like one of them holding a knife to a girls neck and telling here he'll rape her!! yeah i don't trust those assholes and he kept his job, so... what would you think. i'm done in this thread.
    I'm with you.

    And I don't think turning on red is an arrest-able offence.

  2. #22
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    South of Ann Arbor
    Posts
    2,320

    Default

    Read the stuff I posted from the Supreme Court rulings. They can arrest you for even a minor traffic violation, and the arrest allows them to search.


    Alcohol, Tobbaco and Firearms should be a convenience store, not a government agency.

  3. #23
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    3,265

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by telecast View Post
    Read the stuff I posted from the Supreme Court rulings. They can arrest you for even a minor traffic violation, and the arrest allows them to search.
    How are they going to arrest you for turning on a red?

  4. #24
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    South of Ann Arbor
    Posts
    2,320

    Default

    Read my post: "In a signed intersection".

    I paid a $140 ticket for turning right on a red light because I didn't see the sign.


    Alcohol, Tobbaco and Firearms should be a convenience store, not a government agency.

  5. #25
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    West Bloomfield/Waterford, MI
    Posts
    588

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bob View Post
    How are they going to arrest you for turning on a red?
    "Interfering with a police investigation" most likely. I don't keep anything "questionable" in my vehicle just for this very reason. About the only thing a cop will find in my truck is an old french fry under my seat. I do also have my CCW permit so that makes me even more vigilant about dealing with Johnny Law. When the first thing you have to say to the cop is that you're packing a .45 locked and loaded under your arm, they tend to be on edge.
    My current rides:
    02 H-D FXSTDI Softail Deuce
    89 Kawasaki Ninja 750R


  6. #26
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    West Bloomfield/Waterford, MI
    Posts
    588

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by telecast View Post
    Read my post: "In a signed intersection".

    I paid a $140 ticket for turning right on a red light because I didn't see the sign.
    Me too...but the officer was "nice enough" to only write me up for "impeeding the flow of traffic", which is 0 points instead. Him and another cop were camping the intersection...as I was waiting for some friends at a gas station near by, they pulled over 5 more cars between the two of them.
    My current rides:
    02 H-D FXSTDI Softail Deuce
    89 Kawasaki Ninja 750R


  7. #27
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    South of Ann Arbor
    Posts
    2,320

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RoadZombie View Post
    Me too...but the officer was "nice enough" to only write me up for "impeeding the flow of traffic", which is 0 points instead. Him and another cop were camping the intersection...as I was waiting for some friends at a gas station near by, they pulled over 5 more cars between the two of them.
    HAH! I had mine 'lowered' to impeding traffic by writing a nice letter. It would've been 2 points. The fine was a little less, but the extra $25 or so I spent one time was a lot cheaper than an insurance increase.


    Alcohol, Tobbaco and Firearms should be a convenience store, not a government agency.

  8. #28
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    West Bloomfield/Waterford, MI
    Posts
    588

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by telecast View Post
    HAH! I had mine 'lowered' to impeding traffic by writing a nice letter. It would've been 2 points. The fine was a little less, but the extra $25 or so I spent one time was a lot cheaper than an insurance increase.
    LoL Yeah that's what I figured too. $25<$100's. I didn't even have to go to court or anything. Thats just how the officer wrote it up. I was also on the bike at the time, so I'm thinking that may have helped.
    My current rides:
    02 H-D FXSTDI Softail Deuce
    89 Kawasaki Ninja 750R


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •