Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Any fisherman here?

ya i cooked them up mostly bass and blue gill but till fish is fish when im drunk like i was. my favorite though is lake perch ive got a cajun breading i use on them...man im hungry right now
    Formerly known as Rugby66x

me too.. i could go for some alaskan salmon or halibut about now fresh off the grill..
    Redline Superbike
    http://www.redlinesuperbike.com/

Learn about photography: ATP Members

that sounds good too i had some tilapia the other night that was really good and had grilled shrimp w/ my steak on sat at texas road house

Quote Originally Posted by rugby66x View Post
    ya i cooked them up mostly bass and blue gill but till fish is fish when im drunk like i was. my favorite though is lake perch ive got a cajun breading i use on them...man im hungry right now
    How do you cook the blue gill? I have a feeling we might catch a lot of small pan fish this year. I've been reading and it seems like 1/2 people fillet them and 1/2 scale them.

just found this online but i just used lemon salt and pepper when camping because i usually dont think ahead when i pack to go to camp

3-4 very fresh 6" Bluegills (per person) (uncleaned)
    1 egg
    1/2 bottle of beer. (use a light flavor, not a heavy bock or dark beer)
    1 9.5 oz box of cracker meal
    butter or margarine
    vegetable oil
    1 3 oz jar of capers
    1/2 lemon per person
    3-4 cherry tomatoes per person
    1 green onion per person
    Start by filleting the fish. Use a very sharp flexible knife and begin cutting behind the gill structure. Keep the knife under the meat and on top of the ribs while sliding it towards the tail. Do not separate the fillet from the tail. Instead flip the fillet past the tail and continue cutting away from the head, but holding the knife under the meat and separating the skin. Two easy cuts per fillet. No gutting. No scaling. All of the offal in one easily disposed of piece.

In a bowl, make an egg wash using the whole egg and 1/2 bottle of beer. Dispose of the remaining beer 8-}. Whip with a fork until thoroughly blended.

Empty the box of cracker meal onto a plate, a sheet of foil, wax paper, or a torn open paper bag.

Grease a skillet with a 50-50 mixture of butter (or margarine) and oil. This is not deep frying, use just a little more than is required to coat the bottom.

Dip each filet in the egg wash and dredge in cracker meal and drop into the hot greased skillet. Brown lightly on both sides and serve.

Garnish with a few capers (drained and chopped), green onions (chopped), and cherry tomatoes (quartered)

Serve with lemon juice, salt, and pepper

ive never been a big fan of scaling since i did about 100 fish with my friend and his grandpa just a pain in the ass

Thanks man!