Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Any fisherman here?

Default Any fisherman here?

Just curious if we have a lot of fisherman here.

I used to fish a lot. I have about 6 tackle boxes including one of those Plano 707s, or whatever it was. 4 drawers full of lures, some never used.

My wife's grandarents had one of those rent-a-cabin places in the UP. The lake was shitty in bass. Our favorite thing was casting a jitterbug under the docks at night.

Alcohol, Tobbaco and Firearms should be a convenience store, not a government agency.

Quote Originally Posted by telecast View Post
    I used to fish a lot. I have about 6 tackle boxes including one of those Plano 707s, or whatever it was. 4 drawers full of lures, some never used.

My wife's grandarents had one of those rent-a-cabin places in the UP. The lake was shitty in bass. Our favorite thing was casting a jitterbug under the docks at night.
    Where abouts in the UP? We've gone to Cedarville to pike fish the last 4-5 years. This year we are going to try Fletcher's Pond.

On Island Lake, about 20 mins. north of Manistique on M94. Just south of Stueben.

Alcohol, Tobbaco and Firearms should be a convenience store, not a government agency.

Love to Fish. Infact here in Flushing we have a Walleye tournament coming up. I'm going to see if my daughter wants to do it with me.

I have land down in Tennessee as well on Cherokee lake and that place is so much fun to fish.
    Looking to ship your vehicle across country? We ship cars, bikes, boats, and rv's www.toprankautotransport.com

I like to sit on the shore with a cold beer and fishing rod. Wouldn't really call it fishing. More focused on catching a buzz than fish.
    My current rides:
    02 H-D FXSTDI Softail Deuce
    89 Kawasaki Ninja 750R

Quote Originally Posted by zamochit View Post
    Love to Fish. Infact here in Flushing we have a Walleye tournament coming up. I'm going to see if my daughter wants to do it with me.

I have land down in Tennessee as well on Cherokee lake and that place is so much fun to fish.
    On the ice or coming up in the Spring?

There is always a pro tournament down here every year. I'd like to go to it one year and just watch the pros come in and see what they got. I've known a few guys that have forked over the dough to enter it in the past. Not sure if they've ever won anything though.

I don't fish at all in the summer. I do ice fish about 4-5 days a week though. My wife talks me into going (by myself of course). Fished genos on sat put 16 nice perch in the freezer heading for lexington in the a.m. I'm at about 150 fish in the freezer for this season so far.
    fat, loud and dirty

Good deal man!

What kind of reels are you guys using? I have two, a spinner and a push button. A couple of years ago I bought a bait cast reel and ended up giving it away. I just did not have the patients to mess with it enough to learn it. I'm thinking this year I might try and get a good quality spinner reel. The thing I don't like about the spinners it it seems like you have to go to a pretty big reel to get any sort of line thickness and length on the spool.