Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Me too!

Default Me too!

So I finally picked up the Ninja yesterday and will begin to get her back to "road worthy". At this point, all that really entails is a new battery and a fresh set of tires (that were included with the bike...score!). The PO stated that he seemed to be having issues with the carbs as well...so we'll see what that is going to involve. Hoping I can drain the tank (no visable rust surprisingly!), replace the supply hosing, and run some SeaFoam through her.

Aside from that, it's just a matter of cosmetics...the front fairings are pretty trashed. I'm hoping to either A) Modify/cut the existing fairings to remove the damaged areas, or B) Completely remove the front fairings, pick up a new headlight, modify the fairing stay/instrument bracket, and install a cafe fairing. We shall see!

Pics to follow!:weld:
    My current rides:
    02 H-D FXSTDI Softail Deuce
    89 Kawasaki Ninja 750R

Great! Just be sure to take pics. Otherwise we will have to punish you.
    ^^My $0.02 not yours^^
    -Chris
    aka Gas Man

"Why pay somebody else to fuck up your bike?"
    "Custom don't bolt on!"

Well, didn't get to pics today. I did get the battery in and a gallon of gas. Add in a little starting fluid and *poof!* she came to life...breifly. It's going to be a "carb case"...along with a fuel petcock rebuild...damned vaccum operated POSes. Satisfied after it fired up, I was getting ready to close up shop and noticed dripping. First thought was a hole in the tank until I noticed it was coming from the air box. Sticky floats...yay! Pulled the tank, just to be sure...dripping out the petcock w/ no vaccum. Luckily, I also discovered why it was acting like "it wasn't getting enough fuel"...there's no damned air cleaner. *shakes head* People with a "little mechanical knowledge" make life fun.
    My current rides:
    89 Kawasaki Ninja 750R

Where did you get the bike from? Did you just buy it or have you had it? What year and model Ninja?

Yeah... WTF
    ^^My $0.02 not yours^^
    -Chris
    aka Gas Man

"Why pay somebody else to fuck up your bike?"
    "Custom don't bolt on!"

Picked it up as a project off Craigslist. Needed a hobby between now and riding season ;-) Its an 89 ZX750F...or GPX750 internationally. Previous owner supposedly had it running last year, but I'm a bit more than skeptical. When I drained the remaining gas out of the tank...it looked substantially older than 6 months-1 year old. Story has it that the guy that had it previous to the guy I bought it off of laid it over in his driveway (<5MPH)...got spooked...stuffed it under a lean-to for years. The guy I got it off of supposedly got it running but was having carb problems...ended up getting a newer bike and just shoved it into the back corner of his garage. Once I got it fired up on starting fluid, it seemed to run DAMN strong. Hell, only has 17k on the clock. Figure I'll get it running...possibly replace some of the damaged body work and sell it later in the season for a profit. Or just hold on to it as a toy...have the best of both worlds ;-)
    My current rides:
    89 Kawasaki Ninja 750R

Welp, I fully intended to take pictures today, but when I turned on the camera...dead batteries. BAH! Was pretty much the over-all mood for the day. Ha! Decided to pull the carbs...what a friggen nightmare! After a good 45 minutes trying to wrestle the damned things out, I decided that I no longer needed the air box and went after it with a hammer like it owed me money. ;-) Carbs came out REAL easy after that! Once I got them out, I checked the slides...they all worked, but 1 of them was missing a needle. Upon further disassembly I found that the keeper on the other end is missing which allowed the needle to push out...hope they have these at the dealer. Upon pulling the bowls, it also became apparent that the carbs were never re-jetted for the Yoshi pipe...guess smashing the airbox out wasn't going to really cause any more work for me after all. Other than that, I had 2 stuck float needles and a whoooooole lotta varnish. Now I get to sit back and wait for parts. ...and charge my camera batteries ;-)
    My current rides:
    89 Kawasaki Ninja 750R

I just took pictures of my bike and boom, dead batteries as well. As soon as they charge I plan on having them up.

I'm hoping mine take a charge. I didn't think I really used them since I charged them last. *Shrug* We shall see!
    My current rides:
    89 Kawasaki Ninja 750R

good luck on the plastics... i hate bidding on items on ebay i usually dont buy unless there is a "BIN" option but the suspense is fun to and you can get killer deals
    Formerly known as Rugby66x