Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Suck on that, toyota

Default Suck on that, toyota

I am SO happy they're finally having their feet held to the fire. If you talk to people around the country you know there's a massive dislike for Detroit cars out there. Toyota has always been so 'perfect'...until now.

This really couldn't have come at a better time. And since it goes back 5 years and they tried to say it was a misplaced floor mat at first, well...I smell something rotten in Nippon land.

Watch, people who were in accidents or had family killed in accidents are going to revisit events. I smell lawsuits, and lots of them.

And some of the other parts of the country will get to experience having their main income provider shut down for an indefinite period. The ones who have no sympathy for Detroit and Michigan in general will get none from me.

Alcohol, Tobbaco and Firearms should be a convenience store, not a government agency.

What he said^

Trainguy

Fuck yes - fuck you Toyota take that piece of crap company back to Japan and suffocate on it.. (then build our parts for our so called "American" cars so we can pretend we are buying american even though we sold out soul to the foreign devil to make an extra buck).. Regardless I hope they perish..
    Redline Superbike
    http://www.redlinesuperbike.com/

Learn about photography: ATP Members

Well I'll be....

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100127/.../toyota_recall

"The Obama administration said it pressed Toyota to protect consumers who own vehicles under recall and to stop building new cars with the problem.

Transportation Secretary Ray LaHood told WGN Radio in Chicago that "the reason Toyota decided to do the recall and to stop manufacturing was because we asked them to."

Alcohol, Tobbaco and Firearms should be a convenience store, not a government agency.

The articles are already popping up from toyota stating that the faulty parts in the accelerator pedal are made from an Americam Mfg..

I'm with ya... I love the fact that for all these years they had their noses up in the air...

Just goes to show ya...

I know many of the american recalls, were voluntary like my HD gas tank recall.

Fuck them!
    ^^My $0.02 not yours^^
    -Chris
    aka Gas Man

"Why pay somebody else to fuck up your bike?"
    "Custom don't bolt on!"

Last edited by zamochit; 01-27-2010 at 11:10 PM.
    Looking to ship your vehicle across country? We ship cars, bikes, boats, and rv's www.toprankautotransport.com

I used to love Toyota until we rented a Matrix down in Florida. It was brand new and it was a pile of junk. My old 90 Civic had a better interior than this thing did. I miss the old Tubro Supra's myself. I wish they'd do something like that again.

But yes, it was an American company that made the part that is getting recalled.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob View Post
    But yes, it was an American company that made the part that is getting recalled.
    SPECIFIED, DESIGNED, and QA/QC'd by TOYOTA.

And this just in: Toyota has suspended the sales and production of a lot of models worldwide for the exact same reason, and the parts on those cars were NOT made by an American company.

Quote Originally Posted by telecast View Post
    SPECIFIED, DESIGNED, and QA/QC'd by TOYOTA.

And this just in: Toyota has suspended the sales and production of a lot of models worldwide for the exact same reason, and the parts on those cars were NOT made by an American company.
    I thought the pedals where made in Canada by CTS out of Indiana?