Thread: 2010 KLR 650 Ride

Default 2010 KLR 650 Ride

Evening all,
    I don't know if there are any KLR 650 riders here but I'm writing to tell you of a second annual KLR 650 specific ride we are putting together for June. This ride will begin on June 6 and end June 12. It will start in Manistee and continue up to the U.P. including Copper Harbor. This will be a true "dual sport"ride featuring ORV Routes, dirt back roads and some really cool pavement.
    This is an independant ride so your only costs will be your own like fuel, food etc. There will be a choice of rustic camping to save money and local lodging for old guys like me.
    If interested go to KLR 650.net and find the US section. Click on Great Lakes and then find the thread "2010 Michigan Adventure Ride". Follow the thread for information or to contact us.
    Hope to see you on the ride!
    steelhorse
    I borrowed this as it bears repeating,
    "People are more violently opposed to fur than leather because it is safer to harass rich women than motorcyclists".

Sounds like a good ride! I'd like to get a dual sport one day.

Be sure to take some pics for those of us that can't go.

Morning,
    Thanks for the reply Bob. Hope you do get that "dual sport" bike soon. I'm not connected in any way to a dealership or Kawasaki but would highly recommend you explore the KLR 650.
    I really enjoy riding the U.P. on my Harley. However, getting around the U.P. where I wouldn't dare take "her" puts a whole new perspective on the experience. Two examples will be part of our June KLR 650 ride.
    1. Getting from Paradise to Grand Maris via unpaved roads along Lake Superior is fantastic.
    2. Besides the scenic Brockway Mountain Drive, Copper Harbor offers riding beyond the beginning/end of US 41 to the now abandoned NASA launch site at the very end of the peninsula. IMHO a superb ride.

Any how thanks for the opportunity to post here.
    steelhorse
    I borrowed this as it bears repeating,
    "People are more violently opposed to fur than leather because it is safer to harass rich women than motorcyclists".

Quote Originally Posted by steelhorse View Post
    Morning,
    Thanks for the reply Bob. Hope you do get that "dual sport" bike soon. I'm not connected in any way to a dealership or Kawasaki but would highly recommend you explore the KLR 650.
    I really enjoy riding the U.P. on my Harley. However, getting around the U.P. where I wouldn't dare take "her" puts a whole new perspective on the experience. Two examples will be part of our June KLR 650 ride.
    1. Getting from Paradise to Grand Maris via unpaved roads along Lake Superior is fantastic.
    2. Besides the scenic Brockway Mountain Drive, Copper Harbor offers riding beyond the beginning/end of US 41 to the now abandoned NASA launch site at the very end of the peninsula. IMHO a superb ride.

Any how thanks for the opportunity to post here.
    steelhorse
    No problem man. Post whenever you want!

Sounds like a great time.. Sold my dual sport about 8 years ago..
    Redline Superbike
    http://www.redlinesuperbike.com/

Learn about photography: ATP Members

I had a KLR 250 once, wish I would of bought the 650. Had I did I'd probably still have it today.