Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The silence is deafening

Default The silence is deafening

Lordy it's quiet in here today!*

Where is everybody??* :P

Hello? Is this thing on? Can you hear me in the back? Can you hear me now?* ;D

Default Re: The silence is deafening

I've been online all day... IDK what else is up.
    ^^My $0.02 not yours^^
    -Chris
    aka Gas Man

"Why pay somebody else to fuck up your bike?"
    "Custom don't bolt on!"

Just not in front of the laptop today.

Sometimes I get busy and don't have time.

Also it's that time of the week... when people are most productive and busy.
    Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "Holy Sh*t... WHAT A RIDE!"

usually i am online in the morning. yesterday evening i went over and helped bettyboop with an electrical problem. happy to report that she is back up and running
    william

Quote Originally Posted by detdrbuzzard
    usually i am online in the morning. yesterday evening i went over and helped bettyboop with an electrical problem. happy to report that she is back up and running
    Good deal!

I'm here!
    Money won is twice as sweet as money earned.

I have my own electrical problem all of a sudden today. Bike was fine the last two days, go out to ride today, hit the start button, and NOTHING!* :'(

I jumped the solenoid and found the starter is workin, battery and cables are good. Now I just gotta go thru the couple switches.

I should be happy that at least it crapped out here at home, but I'm not "there" yet. Fortunately my garage therapy (working on the bike) fills the need to a point when I can't ride. It's just a little different when it's a need rather than a want.* :-\

It was kinda funny when I tried to start it and nothing happened. I just sat there a few minutes and pushed the start button harder.* ;D (how many times have you done that with a TV remote when you know the batteries are toast?)

I just went and messed with my bike, and my problem was just the start button, or more specifically, the contacts just behind the start button.

Found a piece of dirt in the housing that could have been jammed in the contacts until I took it apart, then I lightly sanded both contacts and tested it, and it starts like a champ.

It's nice when it's easy. And free.

I just caught the weather and they're calling for some rain tomorrow, (Fri), and rain all day Sat and Sun. Yippee.* :

You can pick up some contact cleaner and lube from Radio Shack... spray on those contacts in starter buttons and such.* Had to do that to the neightbors Honda Sabre about a month back..
    ^^My $0.02 not yours^^
    -Chris
    aka Gas Man

"Why pay somebody else to fuck up your bike?"
    "Custom don't bolt on!"

I didn't even think of that, and it's not the first time I could've used it. Thanks for the reminder.*

I've managed to do some minor upgrades this week, in addition to that repair. Stainless steel cover throttle cables and clutch cable. (It needed throttle cables bad the old were stretched out alot-about a half inch play in the grip) And I got a good price on a good used set of ISO pegs to match the grips.

I've spent as much time wrenching this week as riding, but like I said, the garage therapy works too.

This winter while ride time is minimal I'm going to rebuild the forks with some progressive springs, and new fluid. (the seals are leaking now). I've never done forks but I'm hearing it's not hard.

I got some electrical cleaner and grease at Murray's and went through the FZR and cleaned all the contacts with a small file and cleaner to get rid of the ones that where corroded and just cleaner to the plugs that where just dirty.* Then greased all of the connections.* The grease keeps water and dirt out.
    Money won is twice as sweet as money earned.