Thread: Seat Your Way

Default Seat Your Way

$310 from Drag Specialties

Another $300- to make it your way

So you're saying buy a $300 seat and then spend $300 to have it recovered?

I mean I did that kinda with the Nightster. I bought a mustang seat and then a few years later had it done by seatmaker.

Quote Originally Posted by Gas Man View Post
    So you're saying buy a $300 seat and then spend $300 to have it recovered?

I mean I did that kinda with the Nightster. I bought a mustang seat and then a few years later had it done by seatmaker.
    Well Ive been contemplating getting my lepera redone and adding gel and making it kick ass!!!
    Formerly known as Rugby66x

It's a good option.

I loved my Lepara I had on my FXDLI, had gel insert, road that bitch to Sturgis never had a sore ass... LOVED that seat. So, I thought why not do the same on my FLH, so I ordered it, with Gel... worst seat EVER!!!!!!!!!!! We hate it! I don't know if they changed the gel compound, or what, but even in 70* weather it makes our ass's sweat. IT'S TERRIBLE! Let alone ride in over 100* weather, forget about it!

I'm sending it back this fall and having Lepera take the gel out and replace it.

Long of the short? I'll get a standard seat, and if I want anything special again, I'll have seatmaker do it! We loved our BD seat he did!!!

This is the tiny seat I had, rode it 875 mile the first day, no problem! Don't look possible with that seat, but the gel in it was perfect!

Quote Originally Posted by RedneckMedic View Post
    Well Ive been contemplating getting my lepera redone and adding gel and making it kick ass!!!

Dont you mean Kiss ass. I mean most stock seats already kick our ass thats why we have Seatmaker make them better.
    Caveman

Here's my 10, my 2 are free

Quote Originally Posted by Caveman View Post
    Dont you mean Kiss ass. I mean most stock seats already kick our ass thats why we have Seatmaker make them better.
    My lepera is great. Ive never had a problem with my stock road glide seat either. Its the girlfriend that doesnt like the passenger portion of the road glide seat. I just like the lepera better now because of the drop down and back I get so when im on a stock seat I feel cramped. I just think some gel would make it that much better.
    Formerly known as Rugby66x