PDA

View Full Version : Detroit airport questions

Rider
12-21-2009, 09:59 AM
I need to pick up my parents from the Detroit airport tonight at 6:30. I am coming from Grand Rapids. To avoid heavy traffic should I take I-96 to M-23 to I-94 or wil I be ok taking I-96 to I-275? One other question. How do I know If they are arriving at the North or South Terminal?

telecast
12-21-2009, 10:16 AM
Either way is about the same, just stay off of 94 between Jackson and AA, they are (were?) doing roadwork out there. US 23 may be a little better traffic-wise, 275 can be a bear.

North or South? LOL! How long since you've been there? Its all changed. The new McNamara Terminal sits out in the middle of the field, you drive under a taxiway to get there.

Follow the signs for arrivals, then for the airline they're flying in on. Better yet, call the airlines and ask. Just give them the flight number and they can tell you.

telecast
12-21-2009, 10:18 AM
Wait...when you say "the Detroit Airport", do you mean Detroit Metropolitan, or Detroit City airport? The advice above is for Metro.

Rider
12-21-2009, 10:27 AM
Wait...when you say "the Detroit Airport", do you mean Detroit Metropolitan, or Detroit City airport? The advice above is for Metro.

Yeah for Metro. I was there last summer dropping off a friend. She departed from the south terminal, but not sure where Delta arrives. Thanks.

telecast
12-21-2009, 11:35 AM
It's in the McNamara, I think.

Rider
12-21-2009, 12:26 PM
It's in the McNamara, I think.

I just looked it up on the Delta website and it says McNamara. Looks like weather wonlt be an issue, I just hope traffic isn't either.

Gas Man
12-21-2009, 03:13 PM
Avoid the 275/96 interchange. Take 23 south to 94

As far as which terminal. If its a delta or NWA they have their own terminal. Which off 94 to 275 south to eureka into the NWA terminal.

If off another airline... just take 94 to merriman into the terminal and follow the signs.

All domestic arrivals all dump in the same location... old terminal or new nwa terminal.

Bagger Dave
12-21-2009, 03:39 PM
I just looked it up on the Delta website and it says McNamara. Looks like weather wonlt be an issue, I just hope traffic isn't either.
yep...you got it....I was just there a few weeks ago:D
just follow the signs...everything is marked real good so you won't get messed up

telecast
12-21-2009, 03:46 PM
Arrival, or departure?

Well, we're arriving at the airport, but we want to depart....

Anyone ever see a movie called 'Big Trouble' With Tim Allen? Hilarious! Should've gotten more notice.