PDA

View Full Version : If ya gotta have the latest and greatest-

09-06-2008, 09:13 PM
-then there's no need to keep reading...* ::)

Found this cool, old bike on CL. Kinda small, but good shape (it looks like), enduro, and it's a 2 stroke.* ;)

Be fun just to ride the snot out of it!* ;D

http://detroit.craigslist.org/mcy/829968769.html

1975 Kawasaki G5 2 Stroke 100cc

09-06-2008, 09:17 PM
speaking of CL, you guys notice how many people are just freakin dreamin anymore with what they want for their bikes? There's still some folks rooted in reality, but a whole lot sure seem to think they sit on some sort of gold mine. Or that that should get back every single penny they ever put into it.* ::)

I'm sorry but a fresh oil change and recent air in the tires isn't worth spit; let alone another 200-300 dollars. >:(

Bob
09-07-2008, 10:03 AM
speaking of CL, you guys notice how many people are just freakin dreamin anymore with what they want for their bikes? There's still some folks rooted in reality, but a whole lot sure seem to think they sit on some sort of gold mine. Or that that should get back every single penny they ever put into it.* ::)

I'm sorry but a fresh oil change and recent air in the tires isn't worth spit; let alone another 200-300 dollars. >:(

Or how many people have bikes in "excellent" condition but are junk to most others.

Berto
09-08-2008, 05:09 PM
Yup... specially with this economy... People have very unreal expectations of what to get for their bikes most of the time.* I sold two bikes this season in no time.* It's about pricing it right.

09-09-2008, 04:41 AM
It surprises me how few people look around and see what other of the same bikes are going for.

I saw a guy trying to sell a late 80's Shadow for 3300 dollars, and his ad was kinda bitchy about him knowing how much they are worth.

In the meantime, every other same era Shadow, in same or better shape had an asking price of 1800 or less, and winning bids on Ebay never passed 2K.

Every bike I've sold on CL I've sold the same day or next day I posted the ad, but I like to think I spend at least some time living in reality.

I just don't understand though-most everybody knows you don't make your money back on the sale of a car or truck, but it seems most everyone believes this doesn't apply to motorcycles....

People do some strange shit anymore, and justify it even stranger....* ::)

Bob
09-09-2008, 08:08 AM
It surprises me how few people look around and see what other of the same bikes are going for.

I saw a guy trying to sell a late 80's Shadow for 3300 dollars, and his ad was kinda bitchy about him knowing how much they are worth.

In the meantime, every other same era Shadow, in same or better shape had an asking price of 1800 or less, and winning bids on Ebay never passed 2K.

Every bike I've sold on CL I've sold the same day or next day I posted the ad, but I like to think I spend at least some time living in reality.

I just don't understand though-most everybody knows you don't make your money back on the sale of a car or truck, but it seems most everyone believes this doesn't apply to motorcycles....

You wouldn't believe what I sold my Ninja 250 for.* LOL*

Berto
09-09-2008, 08:49 AM

I plead the fifth... hahahaha...

Bob
09-09-2008, 10:25 AM

I plead the fifth... hahahaha...

Berto knows how lucky I got! lol

Rustic
09-12-2008, 09:33 AM
I sold My 86 Honda Rebel for $1600 I thought I made out on that deal..*

Berto
09-17-2008, 08:29 AM
It's all about being realistic... May, April, you will get more money for a bike than october.* People are only thinking short term when purchasing.* Those selling think that you get what you put into it and look at bikes as an investement, i see them as an expense.* If I come close to 80% or more of my investement back it's a good sale.